~ Chapter 16 ~ Nature Is Our Music

I lied. I totally lied to my boyfriend. Why the heck did I lie about it? What was I hoping to gain? I knew the consequences, so why did I lie? I'm so stupid.

"Babe." He came up behind me startling me. I turned around with my heart beating wildly in my chest.

"Huh?" I tucked a loose strand of half behind my ear.

"What are you looking for?" He laughed.

"Nothing at all." I lied again.

Just tell him the truth.

I opened my mouth to say something but decided against what I was going to say.

"I was going to surprise you with breakfast." Slowly I slid his keys off the counter. "But i realized that I don't have everything I need. So I was going to go out and get it. I was just looking for your keys." I smiled as I lied to him.

"You're lying." He crossed his his arms over his chest.

"What no I'm not?" I shook my head.

"For one, you're in the bathroom so you couldn't have wanted to make me breakfast. For two, you weren't looking for my keys if you were looking in the cabinets, plus you just slid them off the counter so you knew where they were the whole time."

"How did you-"

"I told you I'm very observant." He smirked and took the keys out my hand. "What were you actually looking for Alaska?" He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Nothing." I shook my hair.

"Are you sure? If you need something you can tell me and I'll find it." He held me to him.

"Toothpaste, I was looking for toothpaste. I forgot to pack it." I blurted out and tried to bag away from him.

"You're lying again. I watched you pack your toothpaste and toothbrush." He smiled. "What are you trying to hide from me Alaska?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Nothing Adonis. I just, I just need to be alone for a bit." I felt bad for lying to him.

"You ok?" He looked at me concerned.

"Just give me sometime to myself." I pushed him out the bathroom door and closed it.

"You're not on the pill are you?" He asked once I left the bathroom.

"What? Why would you-"

"Last night you hesitated when I asked you. You were just talking to yourself in the bathroom." He looked up at me.

"I told you-"

"And you lied to me. Why did you lie Alaska?" A look of hurt flashed in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I sat down across from him. "I just figured since I wasn't ovulating it would be less of a chance. My dad never saw a reason to put me on birth control pills because I was never sexually active." I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"So this whole time you were never on birth control? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied." I held my knees to my chest.

"I'm not mad at you. Just mad at myself for not being more careful. When I saw that you hesitated I should've stopped right then." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry." I felt a tear stroll down my face.

"It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." He scooted over to me and held me to him. "It's not your fault." He kissed my head.

"Are you still thinking about it?" He smiled at me.

I shook my head and looked back at the TV.

"Then why are you biting your nails." He laughed.

Darn it!

"I can't help it." I held my hands in my lap.

"What thinking about it or biting your nails?" He laid down in my lap.

"Both." I ran my fingers through his hair. His hair was so soft and it felt amazing. He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Marline!" I call out as me and Adonis walk into Misty's Diner a few minutes drive from where we live.

"How's my favorite customer?" She pulled me into a hug.

"I'm wonderful." I laugh and hug her back.

"Va va woo who is he?" She looked over at Adonis.

"That's Adonis my boyfriend." I warned her because she had a bad habit of hitting on hot guys.

"And how old are you handsome?" She completely ignored me.

"20." He smiled at me.

"A little young for my taste but I'll bite." She smiled showing off her pearly whites. "What can I get for you both?"

"A misty burger and a diet come." I said after checking the time.

"What about you?" She bit her lip and looked at Adonis.

"A misty burger as well. Regular coke." He played with the sugar packets.

"Alright, I'll be right back." She left to the kitchen.

"Why a diet coke?" He picked a packet and opened it.

"Because I don't drink anything sugary after 7. I hate staying up till three in the morning because of a sugar rush." I shrugged.

"Interesting." He dumped the the sugar packet into a pile.

I looked out the window and watched the rain pelt the ground. It wasn't odd for it to rain around this time. Spring was slowly creeping up on winter.

Soon Marline came back with our drinks and food. She tried hitting on Adonis a few more times but failed at all attempts. She then just left.

Adonis cracked jokes at me because I was eating a big burger and I had such a small mouth. I had to remind him that he could fit in my mouth and he stopped with the jokes.

"Come on." He placed the money for the food on the table and pulled me out the booth.

He pulled me outside into the ran and planted his lips on mine. I smiled and didn't care that my clothes were getting soaked. He pulled away.

"What was that for?" I laugh.

"Because I love you! I love you so much." He picked me up bridal style and spun me around before setting me down on my feet gently.

"I love you too." I laughed and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Dance with me." He smiled big, his chest heaving up at down.

"But there's no music." I laughed again.

"Listen." He placed his finger on my lips.

All I heard was the rain falling down. Also a few crickets and whirring of car tires but nothing else.

"Nature's our music." He took my hand and we started dancing in the rain.

I couldn't help but laugh through out the whole thing.

"Alaska! Alaska! Alaska!" Adonis poked my side annoying the crap out of me.

"Stop." I mumbled into the pillow.

"Come on stay up with me." He poked my side again.

"No leave me alone." I swatted his hand away.

"But I can't sleep." He whined.

"That's why I had a diet coke." I huffed. "Now go to sleep."

_________

Darn you Alaska! Haven't you learned that it's not ok to lie! I thought you knew better.

Sigh.

Comment. Vote. Fan.
Live. Love. Laugh.

~Dejah