~ Chapter 2 ~ He Treats Her Special, He Likes Her

There was a loud pitch scream that startled me. I tried sitting up from my bed but instead I sat up, struggled under the covers, and then fell out the bed. With my lower half wrapped and trapped in my covers I pushed my arms up to remove my face off my floor.

Using one hand to push my tangled hair out my face I stare at Gwen who was gawking at her phone.

"Is there a reason why you're screaming this early in the morning?" It was about 6:30 and I usually don't wake up until 7:10 and start getting dressed.

"I'm sorry Ally but this is rich!" She breathed out and looked up at me.

"What's rich?" I raised my eyebrow and tried wiggling out my covers

When I was free I sat up against my bed and Gwen came and set next to me. She surprises me all the time. Certain times she's super excited but usually she has a 'f**k everything' type attitude.

"This!" She shoved her phone ONI my face. I scrolled through the phone acting as if I was reading it.

She was on my page and had my post from last night open. When I got to the comments I only got a glimpse of how many they were, around 500, before she snatched her phone out my hand.

"I can't believe Shug has a crush!! I wonder who he is?! Is he someone from our school?! Or some random guy?! Has she talked about him?! Will she ever talk about him?!" She spit out questions excitedly.

I wanted to tell her that it's the guy from the party last night. Even though I don't exactly have a crush on him. He just sparked an interest. But like always I can't tell her anything. None of my close family and friends know that I'm Shug. I prefer to keep it that way. Jason would tell me it's wrong, April would blab to everyone, Gwen would ask me tons of questions all the time, and the Mason would hold it over my head.

When I'm Shug I'm a completely different person. I have confidence, I'm not myself. I can actually talk to people and say what I feel. Alaska can't and won't do that.

What gave me the courage to make Hot Treats website because my 'therapist' said I should write what I feel down or how I feel. I mad Hot Treats out of fun right after I was going to delete it. I never thought that it'd get so popular.

"I don't know, you know Shug isn't very open to her personal life." I shrugged and stood up.

"But she's so open to ours." Gwen rolled her eyes. I could feel her 'f**k everything' vibe coming back.

"Well if you don't mind in going back to sleep." I tossed my covers on my bed and climb in.

After minutes of tossing and turning I sighed and just decided to take a shower. It was only 6:55. Gwen had left and mason left a few minutes after her.

I stood under the shower head and the warm water ran down my face as I slicked my hair back. Then that's when I heard it. That horrible chorus and I groaned.

Turning off the shower and wrapping my towel around me I walked into Aprils room. She was still sleep in her pink covers. But the music was still going. I looked around the room and her iPod wasn't on the dock.

Where is it coming from!?

I closed her door and listened for it. The house was silent but there was a faint sound of the chorus. I walked back to my room when I realized it was in my head.

I huffed and searched through my drawers for some underwear.

"You need to go get Jordan." April said before sipping her orange juice.

"I always get Jordan it's your turn to walk down there." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"He doesn't have a crush on me. Plus he'd be happy to see you wearing the shoes he got you." She smirked.

I looked down at my feet. I was wearing the shoes. I had in a baby blue aero shirt with faded blue jeans. I had switched the grey laces for some white ones I had laying around.

"Fine, tomorrow it's your turn." I huff and put my 4 bracelets into my right wrist and my 3 on the left wrist.

After heading downstairs saying bye to my dad and Jason, and also putting on my jacket I was off down the street. My phone buzzed continuously as people kept commenting on shugs post. I read a few comments. Some were laughing, a few were mad, others were shocked.

But I turned off Shug last night and right now I'm April so I just ignored them. I walked up Jordan's walkway and stepped on the porch. It was only seconds after I rang the doorbell that the door swung open.

I looked up and saw Adonis. He was shirtless and wearing black basketball shorts. His hair was still a mess like yesterday but he looked tired. He leaned against the door and sighed slightly.

"You're still here?" I asked shocked.

"I'll be here until next year, sadly." He rolled his eyes before closing them.

"I'm here to pick up Jordan. He usually rides with us to school." I kept my gaze off him and on the floor.

"The little brat is still getting ready. If you don't mind waiting you can come in." The door opened more.

I looked up and saw the couch of the living room. I nodded my head and walked into the house. The door shut and the click of the lock seemed extremely loud. I could feel him standing behind me. His heat radiated off him and rubbed my back.

"You know when I offered for you to come in. I figured you'd go sit on the couch." He stated.

Oh yeah! The couch.

It was forever, really only 2 or 3 seconds, until I moved towards the couch. I sat down on the couch and he sat in front of me on the coffee table. Instead of looking at him and looked around the house. I've never really been inside. Their house was so different.

When I glanced at Adonis he was staring at me. My cheeks heated up and I put my head down covering face with my hair.

If this kid don't come on!

When the heat left my face I lifted my head up and he was still staring at me. I forced the blush down because there was no reason to blush.

"Do you need a ride to school?" I forced out. He shook his head.

"When he leaves I'm going to sleep." He smiled in an amused way.

"Why do you have to watch Jordan?" I picked at the chipped green polish on my nails.

"His parents are away doing things." He said vaguely.

"Are you just a random babysitter or something?" I looked down at my fingers.

"Nope, I'm his uncle." He said straight forward and I looked up at him.

"How old are you?"

"20." His smile turned into a smirk.

Oh my!

The sound of Jordan's feet coming down the stairs alerted me. He jumped off the third stair and I got up from he couch followed by Adonis.

"Bye Don see you after school" Jordan took my hand and dragged me out the house. When we were halfway between my house and his house he let my hand go. "He wouldn't shut up about you." He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"He what?!" I looked down at him.

"He kept asking me questions like 'how old are you? What's your name? What are you like? Your favorite color, food, plant, animal? Etc' it was so annoying." He walked towards me and Aprils black escalade.

"Why was he so interested in me?" To say I wasn't surprised would be a lie. A lot of people asked stuff about me but they asked me directly.

"I don't know, when I asked him why he wanted to know so much he just told me to go to bed." He shook his head. I opened his door.

"Did you answer his questions?" I watched as he climbed into the car.

"I had too. He wouldn't let me go unless I did." He put on his seatbelt.

"Oh." I closed the door and got in the passenger side. When I closed the door April had finished fixing her hair and checking her make-up.

Why was Adonis so interested in me? I'm nothing special. Did he have me confused with April? Of course not, we look nothing alike.

"HIIII! Happy belated birthday!!!" Our friend Jasmine pulled us into a hug. It was cool being her friend because she knew our pain of being short. "I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your party." She stepped back looking sad.

"It's ok." We waved it off.

"But I have presents!" She reached into her backpack. "For April!" She handed her a square flat box. "For Ally!" She handed me a box that looked the same but mine had an AL on it.

We both opened them at the same time. April gasped and I just stared at its contents. There was an A in pretty cursive with light blue gems. The chain was silver and felt smooth against my skin. Aprils was the same but instead of light blue gems they were light pink.

"Jasmine I love it!" April squealed pull in her into another hug.

"I'm glad you do." She laughed and hugged her back.

I went to give her a hug but I was pulled off the ground. I started screaming and kicking my legs and swinging my arms. My hair flew about in a mess.

"Put me down! Put me down!" I screeched loudly and everyone looked at me. I was dropped but quickly caught by strong arms in a bridal style.

"Hey my little French fry." Mason smiled down at me.

"Ugh! Put me down you jerk!" I punched his shoulder.

"After you just caused such a scene?" He raised his brow.

"More of the reason to put me down." I batted my eyelashes and smiled sweetly at him. He frowned and put me down.

"You don't say that when I carry you on my back." He huffed. I slapped his stomach hard as I could. Of course it didn't phase him.

"Hey Mason." April swooned and batted her eyelashes.

"Hey Ap." He smiled down at her. Her smile fell and I could see the jealousy in her eyes. She didn't like how I got so many nicknames from mason and she got the normal nickname, Ap.

"I hate you." I pull my hair over my shoulders after I have clasped my necklace around my neck.

"No you don't you love me!" He wrapped his arms around me and we swayed from side to side.

I couldn't help the smile on my face. I don't have a crush on mason but he did make me feel special and feel good about myself. April always got the attention cause she was so much prettier and out there. Mason made me feel pretty, but we were just friends.

"Come on Al and I have to get to class." April took my hand annoyed.

"I'll take her." Mason tightened his grip around me.

"We always walk together right Alaska?" She looked at me with fire in her eyes. I nodded my head and pulled myself away from mason.

I didn't even say goodbye before she was dragging me across campus to class.

"What's your deal?!" I glared at her and snatched my hand away. "Ever since yesterday you've been acting like jealous witch."

"Why does he only give you nicknames. Everyone calls me Ap, I want something cute." She spun towards me and frowned.

"I don't know. You always get attention. I guess he just wants me to feel special as well." I shrugged and walked into class.

"You still aren't mad are you?" I looked at April as she pulled into our driveway. She hasn't spoken to me since this morning. This was never a thing.

"Just go walk Jordan home." She got out the car and slammed it closed.

I sighed and get out the car with Jordan.

"What's her problem?" Jordan asked running his fingers through his hair.

"High schooler stuff." I started to walk him home. We walked in silence. When he reached his house I walked him to the door and turned to leave as soon as it opened.

"Hey Alaska." That familiar voice made me stop in my tracks.

"Yeah." I turned around. Adonis stood in the door frame with a green v-neck and blue jeans.

"Would you like to stay for a bit." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I uh- April she- my dad he- I don't think-"

"If you have something to do I understand. It's just well.." He trailed off and looked down at the floor rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just that well your different." He blurted out and then looked up at me.

"Thank you I guess." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I'm pretty sure Jordan would be happy to have you here." He crossed his arms.

"Is Jordan really the only reason why you wanted me to come in?" I ran my finger along the rim of jut mug.

"No, it's boring in here and none of my friends are available. I didn't know how I would've gotten you inside." He chuckled and sipped his hot chocolate.

"So Adonis, tell me about yourself." Since you know so much about me...I thought to myself.

"Well I'm Jordan's uncle, I like the color black," he ran his fingers through his hair. "I like kola bears and tigers, I grew up around 3 older sisters and I'm no longer in high school."

"Drop out?" I raised my brow and sipped the hot chocolate. The warm liquid slithered down my throat engulfing me in its warmth.

"No," he shook his head. "Graduated."

"College?"

"Waiting." He looked down at his mug.

"You seem sad." I tilted my head to the side. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Just thinking that is all." He smiled. I don't know if it was me being crazy or what, but his smile seemed to brighten up the kitchen.

We made small talk and oddly enough it was comfortable. I know he's a complete stranger it should feel uncomfortable and awkward, but it didn't. He even helped me with my trigonometry homework.

"So I'll see you tomorrow morning?" He asked with slight hope in his voice. I shook my head.

"Tomorrow's Aprils turn, but you never know I might get stuck with the duty again." I tucked my hair behind my ear and held my anatomy book to my chest.

"Well if I don't see you tomorrow morning can I see you after school?" He stuck his hands in his pockets.

"I have newspaper meeting after school." I know I run a gossip sight and I'm on the schools newspaper. "I'm also busy this entire week." I held it closer to me. My breast were probably suffocating.

"Ok what about this weekend?" I ran through my mental calendar. I have a pretty good memory.

"I'm free Saturday morning between 8-12. I have soccer practice that afternoon. Sunday april, Jason, my dad and I are spending the day together."

"How can you have soccer practice it's winter? There may not be snow but it's cold." He laughed.

"It's called an indoor field." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Well then, can I make an arrangements to spend time with you for the time span of 8:30 and 11:50." He held slight amusement in his voice.

"That time is yours." I made a mental note of it.

"Now your booked this whole week." He laughed.

"I am," I exhaled heavily. "I never noticed how busy I really am." I loosened my grip some.

"So I'll see you Saturday morning."

"Ok." I nodded my head and started my trip home.

Soon as I was locked away in the safety of my own room I logged into Hot Treats. I decided to update my Ask Shug column.

Dear Shug, so there's this guy..

I quickly went to the next one.

Dear Shug, so I'm having troubles. Me and my sister we share the same friends, always have since kindergarten. I have a slight crush on one of our friends but he treats her more special than me. Does that make him like her? What can I do to make him notice me more than just a friend? -So Not Jealous

I already knew this one was from April. Just to be nice I answered her question.

Dear So Not Jealous, just because he treats her special doesn't mean he likes her. Maybe he just has different ways of showing affection to different people. If you want him to notice you more than just a friend then try to arrange alone time with him, but don't be two straight forward. Also don't hang on his every word and ogle him whenever he's near. Guys don't like that. xoxo Shug

I read it over and edited it before posting it. I answered a few more questions before turning in for the night.

_____________

I'm enjoying this story so much right now. Like so much is running through my head and I don't know.

Anyway April is on the side.

Comment. Vote. Fan.
Live. Love. Laugh.

~Dejah