~ Chapter 11 ~ Lets Play a Game

Let's play a game shall we. Since you all want to know about my love life and who I am, I'll tell you. But not straight forward.

For the rest of December, January and February I'll give you hints about my everyday life. You'll have to guess who I am. It's more like a jigsaw puzzle.

Piece by piece I'll reveal who I am. The game starts tomorrow. May the best player win. xoxo Shug

I posted it without editing it because I had no time to edit. I needed to get in the shower and then get dressed in the next fifteen minutes. Kyle, April, Adonis and I are going out to breakfast. Then we're going Christmas shopping. It should be fun.

Once I was out the shower I got dressed then me and April were off.

"Hi! Sorry we're late." I slid into the booth next to Adonis and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Yes sorry." April slid into the booth next Kyle and gave him a hug.

"It's all Aprils fault. She had all this extra stuff to do." I rolled my eyes and shrugged off my jacket.

"Pre-Christmas shopping duh." She did the same.

"It's doesn't matter, all that matters is that you're here now." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side.

"So what are we eating?" I noticed there weren't any menus at the table.

"You'll have to wait and see." He looked at Kyle and smirked. Kyle smirked back at Adonis. I looked between the two with a curious glance.

"Since when did you two become all buddy buddy?" I cross my arms.

"Are you serious Ally? I've known Kyle since I was a little kid. I even saw him when I moved to Montana. We go way back."

"Wow." April shook her head.

"You knew him your whole life and didn't think to give me a heads up?" I glared at Adonis.

"I found it cute how you just questioned him." He rubbed his nose against my cheek.

"Grrr." I growled and everyone laughed.

"Stop it!" I gasped loudly and tried to quiet my giggles. "Adonis stop tickling me." I tried to grip his hands but he slapped them away.

"Say it, say that I'm awesomer than you." He continued to tickle me.

"Ow Adonis stop it." I punched his shoulder hard and he stopped. "That hurt." I mumbled and wrapped my arms around my stomach loosely.

"I'm sorry." He pulled me into him and buried his face in my neck. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He mumbled repeatedly. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He rubbed my sides softly.

"Babe.." I tried to grab his attention but he kept mumbling how sorry he was. "Babe.." I now tried pulling seat but he wouldn't let go. "Adonis!" I poked his stomach.

"Hmm?" He lifted up from my neck and looked at me.

"It's ok, it was an accident you forgot." I smiled and caressed his face in my hand. "I promise it's ok." I pressed my forehead against his sand he smiled.

"If you two are done being all lovey dovey we can get this show on the road." Kyle stood up after April and shrugged on his jacket. "You two can take Adonis car, me and April will go in her car and we'll meet you two at the mall." He took Aprils hand and left leaving me and Adonis with the check.

"Some friends." I roll my eyes and pull put my wallet.

"No! Me and Kyle discussed this already. I'm paying for you he's paying for April. He already gave me the money for him and April." He gripped my wrist carefully stopping me.

"You don't have to-"

"I want to." He tangled his fingers through my hair and kissed me. The kiss held more passion in it than the others. It was as if he was trying to tell me something but didn't know how to say it.

When he pulled away I whined and tried kissing him again but he stood up out of my reach and went to pay for our meals. I huffed and put on my jacket. We then left out to his car.

"Did you hear? Shug's holding a contest like thing to see who can guess who she is." He smiled and started driving.

"Yeah that's all April talked about in the car." I rolled my eyes.

"This is the perfect opportunity to find out who she is. Jordan will be happy to find out who she is."

"Is he still on that?" I groaned and leaned my head on the window.

"Yeah, he went to a few houses and asked question skirting around the idea of Shug but no such luck." Adonis shrugged.

"And you're just letting him do this?" I looked at my boyfriend.

A weird feeling set through my body. Me and Adonis were official. He was my boyfriend, I was his girlfriend. It felt so surreal.

"What choice do I have?" He shrugged and shook his head. "On the low I wanna find out who she is two. She's bashing my girlfriend." He gripped my hand and frowned.

"I don't take it to heart so it's fine. But I do take it to heart when she's bashing you. You're my boyfriend she doesn't have the right." I pursed my lips. It's sad because when I'm Shug Alaska is a whole different person. Shug is her own person.

"Yeah, like she got some deep information about me. How the heck did she find that out. I know you wouldn't snitch on me." He glanced at me.

"Of course not." I squeezed his hand.

We arrived at the outdoor mall and met up with April and Kyle. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the cutest kitten in the window.

"Oh my gosh she is so cute!" I pressed my hands on the window and looked at the kitten. She was small with blackish grayish fur and big blue eyes.

"You like cats?" Adonis came up behind me.

"Like them? She loves them. We could never have one because our mom was allergic. One day Alaska brought back a kitten and mom sneezed for weeks after the kitten was gone." April laughed and walked up next to me.

"She's soooo cute." I petted the window and frowned.

"Come on lets go. We have stuff to do." April gripped my wrist and pulled me along. I hissed and snatched it away.

"Ow!" I glared at her.

"Oh yeah sorry, my bad." She smiled innocently.

"Can we go now my fingers hurt badly." Adonis whined as me and April strolled through the mall with our arms looped through each other. We passed the kitten multiple times today and each time I stopped and looked at the pretty kitty.

"Not yet we still have one more person to shop for." April added.

"We do?" I looked at her confused.

"Yes we do." April looked at me sternly. Then it clicked in my head.

"Oh yeah." I looked over my shoulder. "You guys can head back to the cars we won't be long." I smiled at them. "I'll be riding home with April because we have something else to do."

They both nodded their heads and left. Me and April walked into the flower store. We bought some red tulips and then went to by a gingerbread candle from the candle store.

In the car I sat with the tulips in my lap and lightly brushed the soft velvety petals with my fingers.

"Tulips were her favorite flowers." I smiled and sniffed them. "Do you think it's ok to do this without dad and Jason." I looked at April.

"Dad is never home and Jason will make a big deal about how she deserve more flowers and blah blah blah." April rolled her eyes.

We walked through the graveyard. I never liked them because I felt like the bodies would come to life and attack us. Then I felt disrespectful walking near another loved ones grave.

The snow crunched under our boots and the wind bit at our cheeks. When we reached our mothers gravestone we started wiping away the snow.

"In loving memory of Miranda Daniels. A loved mother, teacher and neighbor. She will be missed terribly." April read the engraving like she did every year.

We removed thanksgivings flowers that were now brown and frozen and replaced them with the tulips we bought. She had favorite flowers for each holiday. Tulips were her favorite for Christmas.

I sat the candles on her gravestone and April lit them. The smell of gingerbread swirled in the air. We stood there in silence. Aprils sobs had broke the silence.

I couldn't do anything. I felt as I was frozen in time. I missed her to pieces and the fact I watched her die haunts me.

The wind blew blowing the smell of gingerbread towards us. It reminded me of home when she was on winter break. She was always baking gingerbread cookies, me and April would help and Jason would watch. He'd say he was to cool to bake gingerbread cookies and houses but always complained when we got more than he did.

A small tear strolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. This time me and April didn't say anything before we left. There was nothing to say. Our years of memories were used up and she heard all the stories. We couldn't tell her the new ones because it didn't feel right. It wouldn't be the same. It never was the same. Nothing was ever the same anymore.

______________

A particularly short chapter but I felt that it needed to end on that note. I'm actually in a rush to finish this book and get the sequel up and posted because I already have it written and crap. Oh me oh my are you guys in for a surprise.

But yeah I still have a long ways to go before I get to the sequel. *sad face* but I'm trying to make this the best story I've written so far. But I will try and post two chapters a day.

Hopefully one in the morning (or night depending on where you love) and one at night/evening (or morning depending on where you love)

Hopefully I can do that with school and all. Saturday may be an exception because I have homecoming so it may just be two in the morning. Idk we'll see.

Comment. Vote. Fan.
Live. Love. Laugh.

~Dejah