|ønë|

I logged onto Google and sent a message through hangouts to my best friend.

To: Alexander

Hey, video call in ten?

I switched tabs and scrolled mindlessly through Tumblr. After a few minutes of cat pictures and Alex's rants a bubble popped up on the hangouts tab. I quickly switched over and read the message.

From: Alexander

Yeah sounds good

I smiled to myself and jumped up from my bed. I rushed into the bathroom in the dorm room and washed my face. I pulled back my hair into a messy ponytail. I examined myself in the mirror for a second. With a jolt, I noticed the massive orange stain on my shirt from my lunch and practically ripped the shirt off. I rummaged through my clothes to find a decent, clean shirt to wear. I came across one of my university sweatshirts and quickly pulled it on.

I sat back on my bed as the tone for a video call started playing.

Incoming call: Alexander

I gave myself a second to calm down before accepting the call.

Alex's face showed up on the screen. I could hear keys clicking and I knew he was typing. He often split his screen between Tumblr and hangouts to talk to me while he finished homework. We only got to call each other at certain times because he lives in England and I live in Pennsylvania.

"Hey," I finally said after staring at his face for a minute.

He smiled, "Hi," he yawned, "how was your day?" He asked. It was dark around him. I looked at my two watches. One was set to my time in Pennsylvania and one was set to his time in England.

I laughed, "Long day?" I asked him.

He blinked a few times, "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"You forgot that you're five hours ahead, I haven't even had dinner yet." I said laughing.

Realization struck his face, "Oh, right!" He shook his head, "Forgot."

I rolled my eyes, "It's been good though. I finished my work for American law." I said.

He sighed, "I wish I was done with my American law work." he paused, "Okay I wish I was taking American law." He finished, "I'm not done my work for law."

"Are you ever done with your work?" I teased.

"Hey!" he stuck his tongue out. "I wanna graduate in two years. Like Burr did."

"Yeah I know you do." I sighed.

"I wanna see you." Alex said.

"Look at the other half of your screen silly." I laughed to myself at my joke.

"Gah, you know what I mean." He said. "In person, I wanna be able to reach out and touch your face." He poked the computer screen making the video coming from him go all wonky for a second.

"Yeah me too," I said sadly.

Alex yawned for what seemed like the billionth time.

"Go to sleep," I said.

He shook his head. "No I like talking to you."

I smiled a bit, sad to tell him that he should sleep. I really enjoyed seeing his face and talking to him. "We'll talk tomorrow." I said.

He sighed, "Until tomorrow."

"Night."

"G'night."

Alexander has ended the call