|Tën|

Later that day I found Alex packing his things into his suitcase. "Alexander?" I asked quietly, walking over to him.

He looked up from folding his clothes, "Oh, hey," he put down the shirt in his hands and stood up, "I'm terribly sorry but I think that it's better if I go," his words struck my heart like ice.

I nodded, "Yeah," maybe it was for the better. Maybe we were just meant to be friends online.

He sat back on his knees and continued folding. I sat next to him and picked up a shirt. "I'm going to miss you, you know," Alex said.

I felt my face flush red, "I'm gonna miss you too." I said.

We folded clothes in silence, but I made sure to sneak one of my sweatshirts into his suitcase while he wasn't looking.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Bye Mrs. Laurens," Alex said, standing in the doorway. I stood by the stairs watching. My mom hugged Alex.

"Stay safe Alex," she said softly.

He nodded and pulled away from her, "I will." He looked at me, and waved as if he were so weak he couldn't hold his own arm up. He opened his mouth and I knew what he was going to say.

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly, "Don't say bye," I said, "bye means going away, and going away means forgetting." I paused, "I don't want to forget you." I whispered, fighting back tears. I composed myself and pulled away from him. He smiled and walked out the door, leaving me standing there as I watched him walk towards the cab.

He didn't look back at me before he left.

As soon as the cab pulled away, I ran into the middle of the street and watched as the cab drove off. As soon as it was out of sight, the tears started. My mom came out and put her hand on my back, slowly walking me back inside.

I fell asleep alone.