The New Code

The full moon bathed the Fallen Star in gorgeous light. Uprooted trees and bushes surrounded the dazzling rock,along with more smaller rocks and earth. The freezing air was still and there wasn't a single cloud in the night sky. Cat's eyes gleamed in the shadows, their fur fluffed against the cold.
With the flick of a single cat's tail they all padded into the open. Some found places to sit on the many boulders or on a stray tree branch. Moments later, another cat appeared with many cats behind her, two other cats with their families followed. Everyone settled down on the debris pile as three other cats joined the first cat on top of the pile.

"Greetings,"Meowed the first golden tabby tom,"What took you all so long? I have important things to announce!"

"That's none of your business, Hookedstar!"Snapped a ginger and white she-cat.

"Clam down Clearstar--"purred a young silver tabby she-cat before she was interrupted by another leader.

"We are at a gathering! If we fight here our ancestors are sure to kill us with a Falling Star!"Squeaked an even younger mottled brown tabby tom. He looked up at the sky as if expecting to see the wrath of StarClan falling toward them.

"Stop being such a kit, Deerstar!And as for you Finchstar, if you ever talk to me like that again... I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget!" Clearstar hissed.

Finchstar growled but said nothing as the fierce leader stepped forward to face the clans.

"Unlike all the other Clans, SharpClan is coping well with the cold,and we have three new warriors:Treesnap, Tailflight, and Harpyfeather!"

"Treesnap, Tailflight, Harpyfeather! Treesnap, Tailflight, Harpyfeather!"

Two brown tabby toms and a creamy brown she-cat stood proud and tall as they were called by their warrior names.

"We also have four new apprentices named Reedpaw, Loyalpaw, Fleepaw, and Briskpaw, and we have two new litters of kits."The boastful she-cat continued.

She stepped backwards and Deerstar took her place.

"Ummm...I uh-We also have new warriors! Wingwish and Flowerseed were made warriors one moon ago."

"Wingwish,Flowerseed,!Wingwish,Flowerseed!"

"But sadly,"The young tom murmured after the cheering stopped."A pack of dogs attacked the GustClan camp.We lost all our elders,including my mother Softgrass...we lost a kit named Flarekit,Ryepaw,his mentor Speckleddawn,and Wingwish. Let us all have a moment of silence."He sniffed, his eyes starting to water.

Every leader respectfully bowed their heads and kept quiet.All except for Hookedstar who fidgeted and sighed impatiently.

"That is all."Deerstar finished.

"Hookedstar, I could hear you shaking like a twoleg in a blizzard.If whatever you have to say is so important just say it now."Finchstar hissed.

"No, go ahead. I realize now that my announcement should be saved for last."He purred smoothly.

The silver tabby grumbled, and skipped forward.

"BogClan is doing well this dead-leaf, despite the fact that most of the water is frozen over,and that almost all the fish are gone.We have started hunting down land prey to fill up the fresh-kill pile. We have three new
apprentices:Lakepaw, Meltedpaw, and Frozenpaw. We also have one new litter of kits."