Sickness

Dean awoke to groaning coming from the bathroom. Concerned, he turned to wake Castiel as well, but found the other side of the bed empty and cold.

Dean sighed and clambered out of bed, already knowing what was going on due to the gagging and groaning sounds coming from the other side of the closed bathroom door. He leaned against the door, still groggy from sleep.

"Cas," he called to his newly human boyfriend. "Cas, babe, you gotta let me in." All Dean got in response was a groan and more retching sounds.

Dean was getting worried now. Maybe Cas is really sick. Like, a ghost sickness or something. He is a human now, maybe he has post-angel sickness?

Dean's anxiousness skyrocketed when he heard Cas manage to stop vomiting long enough to choke out an "I'm dying."

"Alright, that's it. I'm coming in." Dean kicked the door opened, wincing inwardly at the loud sound it made. But then the entirety of his attention was drawn to the blue-eyed man kneeling in front of the toilet, groaning loudly.

Dean rushed over a put a hand on either side of Castiel's face, forcing him to look upwards. Dean was shocked and terrified by what he saw.

Castiel's face was pale and ashen and his ocean blue eyes had lost their sparkle. His dark hair was matted to his forehead, which was beaded with sweat. But the former angel was still shivering. He was also clutching his stomach and he features were etched with pain.

"Cas, Cas, hey, what's wrong? How sick are you? Ghost sickness, demons?" Dean asked frantically.

Cas sighed and began to speak, only to be interrupted by another coughing fit. After many moments, the coughing finally subsided.

"Dean, I have what you might call, the 'flu'." That's all he was able to get out before he turned back to the toilet, dry heaving since his stomach had been completely emptied long ago.

Dean sighed with relief and the knot in his stomach seemed to unwind. "Then why did you say 'I'm dying'?" He asked, amusement creeping into his voice.

"Because it feels like I am, Dean. It's not funny." Castiel replied with a glare.

"Oh poor baby. Here, let me help you into bed and then I'll take care of you." Dean said, lifting Cas up by his arms but sighing when Castiel's legs gave out beneath him and he slid to the floor again. Dean relented and picked Cas up bridal style and carried him to the bed, mumbling about his 'dramatic boyfriend' which got a 'I'm not dramatic, Dean, I'm dying' from Cas and a sarcastic 'Sure ya are, angel,' retort from Dean.

Dean set Cas down gently and covered him with the blankets. With much whining from Castiel, he also gathered dozens of blankets and pillows and settled them around Cas, making a fluffy nest.

"Now you stay there and rest, angel. I'll be right back with something for you to eat and drink." Dean said before heading out of the room and into the kitchen, where Sam was waiting with Gabriel.

"Dude what've you been doing all morning, and if it has something to do with sex don't say it." Sam said, earning a chuckle from Gabriel and a smirk from Dean.

"No, nothin' like that. At least, not today. Last week, however-" "Dean!" "Okay, okay. Well Cas is sick and I'm makin' him some soup. What kind do we have?" Dean asked, searching through the kitchen quickly. Dean let out a whoop of victory when he found the can of tomato-rice soup he was looking for. He quickly warmed it up and poured orange juice in the Disney cup that he knew was Cas' favorite.

"Alright, nice talkin' to ya and all but I've gotta go take care of Cas so I'll see you....probably tomorrow." Dean said, walking away. But not before he heard the 'awwwws' coming from the kitchen and he responded with giving them the middle finger without turning around.

When Dean got to his and Castiel's room, he saw that his boyfriend was in the same place as he left him. And, surprisingly, still awake. 

"Huh, I would've thought you'd be passed out by know. I know from expreience that having the flu takes a lot outta ya." Dean said, setting down the bowl of soup and the orange juice on the nightstand next to Cas.

"I was" -cough- "waiting for" -sneeze- "to come back." Cas sniffled.

"Aww, baby, you didn't need to do that. I could have fed you later," Dean said, feeling guilt creep into his stomach at keeping Castiel awake in his sick state.

"No, it's not that. It's just...." Cas paused, a blush appearing on his face, surprising Dean. He almost never saw the former angel blush. "I have a had time falling asleep without you," Cas spat out in a rush, ending with a small, sheepish smile aimed at the hunter.

Dean smiled and let out a sigh of relief and a chuckle at the dark-haired man's adorableness.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, it's the same with me." Dean said honestly, thinking back to the very few times when Cas and him had fought and he ended up sleeping alone on the couch. He didn't get a wink of sleep those nights.

Suddenly, Dean remembering the soup, which was quickly becoming cold.

"Here Cas, I got you some tomato-rice soup. I figured you'd like it since I liked it when my mom gave it to me and she liked it when her mom gave it to her."

Dean helped Cas sit up and went over to the bowl of soup, happy to discover that it was still warm.

"Here sweetheart, eat up." Dean said, ignoring Castiel's protests when he lifted up the spoon and brought it to the former angel's mouth. 'Dean I can feed myself, I am not a child.' 'I know, babe, but I wanna do it.' Dean brought out the puppy-dog eyes and Cas relented, eating each spoonful of soup that Dean brought to his lips.

After the bowl was bone-dry, Dean made Cas drink the entire glass of orange juice before letting him settle back into his nest and rest.

Just as Dean was about to leave and get something to eat himself, he heard Cas call out for him.

"Can you stay, please?" Castiel asked, bringing out the same puppy-dog eyes Dean had used on him moments ago.

Dean sighed but smiled brightly, slipping into their bed and pulling Castiel's body so his back was against Dean's chest. He wrapped an arm around his now-sleeping boyfriend and smiled, ignoring the hunger in his stomach and the fullness of his bladder, content to lay with and take care of his sick angel. Even if he wasn't an angel anymore, he would always be Dean's angel.

A/N: Quick little authors note. I got a laptop for my birthday (which was yesterday by the way yay for me) so I will most likely be updating this a lot more. Hopefully. Anyways, thanks for reading and enjoy this oneshot!