Chapter Eight

Eric sat on my bed, eyes wide and sad. A little anger set in them because of me. The sadness coming off bigger with McKenzie on the other side of the room. Sending daggers at my younger brother, not even mumbling one word. Still angry over the whole dance thing.

" are you trying to embarrass him or something?" Eric questioned still not understanding the whole purpose of this. I spun around on my chair, facing him.

" it's more for me, getting the final push to move on"

" but you can't move on!" McKenzie exclaimed pulling at her dark hair. A frown forming upon her lips as Eric nodded his head.

I sighed banging my head on the bright white vanity in front of me. The teens were now smiling as they thought it would get through to me. They just didn't understand why I wanted to do this. It wasn't revenge nothing like that.

" you guys don't get it, why should I sit around when he's out there with some spanish girl making out in every corner" I shouted causing both of them to take a step back. Clearly frightened by my sudden outburst.

" he's n-"

" no Kenz, just don't start the whole he's still into me and all that shit" I muttered getting up from the chair and heading for the door. Motioning both of them to follow me , not wanting to be late for the assembly where the dance team would perform.

~*~

The whole team stood off to the right , laughing and going over the dance in their heads. All of them being excited for this one dance that explained a lot for some girs. Especially myself and Lisa both of moving on from the past for the first time. It was a way of saying goodbye. Make the boys regret ever cheating and leaving us.

" now let's give it up for state champions , our dance team led by captain Aurora" The principal yelled into the microphone as the lights dimmed everyone cheering. We went to our spots on top of the chair fixing our outfits as we stood in a perfect ballerina pose.

Soon the lights turned on in the back still not showing us fully. As we twirled slowly, as it seemed like it would be some boring dance. I smirked as the music changed Ciara beginning her chorus in I'm Out. All of us dropped down on the chairs, beginning the full routine.

With each booty pop and twirl I knew the crowd was loving it as some sang along to the songs that played in the background. I smiled stepping up to the front, sashaying down to the floor where some of the steps were.

With the final 8 counts all of us moved together into a cirlce, our blazers off revealing the crop top underneath adding some sex appeal. The cheers errupted through the whole auditorium as people began to scream and shout. I smiled as the curtains shut once again. The whole squad jumping around and hugging eachother. Excited to have completed their first official dance. All the practices early and late in the day.

" you guys were amazing, bonfire tonight at 8 don't forget!" I exclaimed throwing my arms around each of them. McKenzie grinned pulling me in for a tight hug, both of us still panting slightly. From all the jumps and moves we had to do.

As the girls went into different directions heading off for their other friends and some to their boyfriends, I went to the locker rooms. Deciding to change my shoes at least since we had a tradition of wearing our costumes for the rest of the day. These heels were killing me from all of that.

" hey sugah" Jett smirked coming over to me. He grabbed my duffle bag from me as we made our way down the long hallway. He looked good like always, dark grey t-shirt tight around his body, loose jeans. A bit skinny at the bottom.

" whats up ? you look serious" I questioned pulling my hair into a high ponytail, letting the breeze from the windows cool me off.

" uhh yeah Noah wants to talk to you" Jett replied with a grin. I stopped walking letting a few girls pass us by with their stuff. Some smiling at me, others cheering still. I smiled back at them only to glare at Jett.