Chapter 2: Gnomes

Start from the beginning

"Um...yeah."

"We met at the cemetery." Pacifica went on, rambling... Then she wraps her arm around Norman's arm, "Oh! You got some muscles there...that's...that's nice."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh brother..."

"So do you want to hang out or something?" Norman asked.

"Of course! Don't wait up!" Pacifica smiled as she race out. Norman wave to us and left, crashing to the wall first and then leaving.

"A boyfriend?" Dad repeated again, still in shock.

"Yeah...a boyfriend."

I couldn't believe it either. Pacifica having a boyfriend? I don't like this at all and something was up with Norman. other than being a complete opposite to Pacifica...I know the forest can get you hurt but that black eye doesn't seem like it just came from the forest. I know a black eye when I see it...I know...because I get beaten up at times and had a few black eyes. Someone gave Norman a black eye for sure...

Now the reason is why? What did Norman do to cause him to have that black eye? Did he get into a fight?

"This is crazy. My niece...has a boyfriend?" Dad repeated again, still not getting it into his head.

"Dad, I think you are over thinking it." I trailed off.

"I know, I know, but this is just...I've lived in this town for 30 years and I have never seen that boy."

"Maybe he just moved in."

Dad shrugs, "I guess." Then Dad left the room without another word. 

I thought about it and there was something strange about Norman. There was something going on and I'm going to find out what or else it was going to bug me for the rest of my days. So I turned to the journal.

"If you have any questions about this town...this book has it all. It explains everything that this town holds or hides." I muttered. Then I thought about what Dad was saying. He never seen Norman before and he seems strange. Different than this town...Everyone else is different in their own ways but something else was different about Norman. He isn't like a normal Gravity Falls human person.

As I was going through the journal I left on a page about zombies. "They can be mistaken as teenagers..." I trailed off with widen eyes. I finish up the page about zombies and everything was right...that is how Norman was acting. Dark...Gothic...limps around...groans...He must be a zombie! A zombie is with my cousin! Pacifica! Oh no! She was zombie meat!

I tried finding Pacifica but I couldn't find her at all. I was getting worried and stressing out about it. "This is bad...bad, bad, bad...I might just have lost my cousin!" I muttered. 

I spent the rest of the day worrying and stressing if Pacifica would come home alive and uninjured. Thankfully...she finally came home and she was perfectly fine. I meet her in her room, which was the attic. Dad didn't have a proper room for her since one is his and one is mine but Pacifica seemed to like it at least.

"Pacifica! I am so glad you are home!" I gasp out. Yes I was panting. I was running around, worrying all day, for Pacifica....and there was a lot of stairs...

Pacifica turns around to face me instead of the mirror. she was brushing her hair before I came up to the room. She smiled, "Gee Gideon, were you running all day?"

"Sort of." I replied then I pulled out the journal, "I got some bad news Pacifica."

"About the journal? What's going on?"

"It's Norman. He isn't what he seems!" I replied. I then flipped over to the page of the zombie and showed it to her, "Gnomes?" Pacifica questioned.