Part 15

Part 15

Evan’s POV

I took another sip of my coffee as I waited impatiently for Logan to return. A few minutes ago, he had ran out to get his cell phone from his apartment after forgetting it there. Pfft, idiot. Just as I was about to take yet another sip a soft, tinkling noise rang out: my iPhone. I fished it out of my pocket and opened up the text from Logan:

U=@ ma house. Fast.

His addiction with using text language annoyed me. Nonetheless, I sighed, paid for our drinks, and walked out the door towards Logan’s apartment.

 ***

“Jesus Logan. This better be good. I had to pay for your share. You’re gonna have to pay me back for that by the way.”

Logan jumped at me frantically, like a lost puppy coming to his owner.

“Dude! You’ll never believe it! I was walking home when I saw someone!”

I stared at him in disbelief,

“Yeah. It’s a city. People live here. That tends to happen a lot.”

“No, no. Listen, I saw Calista. And she was screaming, then she fainted so-”

I quickly shoved him aside and stared at a sleeping Calista slumped down on his couch. She stirred in her sleep and let out a little moan before returning to a peaceful state. I turned to stare at Logan who was smiling sheepishly at me.

“H-hey man. No need to use your deathly face! I mean, come on. When I found her she was screaming, and then she just collapsed on the street. What was I supposed to do. Leave her?”

I sighed and frowned to myself before turning to look at her again.

“No, Sorry dude. I know what you mean it’s just. Now?! This does not go with the plan…”

“Huh?”

“Nothing dude.”

“Uh, okay then. Look, I’ll go make us some sandwiches.”

“I hate sandwiches.”

“Exactly why I’m making them. Then you can take out your hatred on the sandwich instead of on me of Calista. I’ll be back in a sec.”

As I said earlier: idiot. I pulled up Logan’s desk chair and plopped down into it. Spinning around a couple times on the wheels (I mean come on, who can resist?) before stopping to stare at Calista again. I really needed to think now. The plan was to let her come to me. But now, I could either stick to the plan or come up with a new one. I gritted my teeth in thought, but was suddenly interrupted by a bloodcurdling scream.

Calista leapt up, her eyes glazed over as she continued to scream repeatedly. Until, finally, she seemed to come to reality and quickly looked around.

“Star, t-the star…red…no…but…”

She continued to mumble inaudible words before she fixed her pale face towards me. Her golden brown eyes seemed to quiver in fear as she stared at me for a while before uttering out a full sentence,

“Star. What happened to the star?”

“What?”

Quickly, she shook her head as she fully returned to normal. And jumped up.

“What? Nothing. Where am I? I-I need to go home. I-”

I carefully walked towards her.

“What star? What are you talking about?”