The Place Where It All Started-Blond Superman And Flying Bugs

Start from the beginning

The man looked thrown off by Percy's little speech. "Son of Jack—"

"Percy."

"Perseus—"

"That's not—you know what, I give up," Percy muttered.

"—I know of your heroic deeds with the Greeks." The god paused, watching him with a sorrowful look. "I—I heard about how the Second Giant War ended. I am deeply sorry, Perseus."

Percy's throat began to close. He squeezed his eyes shut. Flashes of screams and roars flickered in the dark spots. Red splattered across his vision. His breathing quickened.

No. Not yet. Not now. Not here.

Boxes. Put them in boxes.

Percy forced the images into boxes his brain spawned and slammed the lids shut. He shoved the boxes to the deepest depths of his mind and forced his breathing to slow.

There you go, Percy. In and out. In and out.

Percy opened his eyes to see the god looking at him in concern. "Are you unwell, young half-blood?"

"N-no." Percy's voice shook slightly. He forced it to steady. "I'm fine." Percy cleared his throat. "Just peachy."

The god stayed silent for a moment. It was obvious to him that the boy was not fine or 'peachy.' But if the demigod did not want to talk, then Thor would not make him. "Right. To the reason I am here. I came on behalf of a mortal agency called S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Never heard of them."

"Well, they've certainly heard of you. They believe you to be a terrorist."

Percy sighed, feeling some major déjà vu. "This is started to seem awfully familiar." The son of Poseidon lowered his sword, pointing the tip at the ground. It seemed this was going to take awhile.

The god nodded, not surprised by Percy's statement. "My friends approached you earlier today."

"Stalked," Percy corrected. "They stalked me earlier today. And then tried to attack me when I wouldn't go with them."

"Ah, apologies." The god grimaced. "The mortals know not of the Greek pantheon and your brave actions."

Percy frowned, annoyed that the god kept referencing his 'heroics.' The heroes were the ones who sacrificed their lives. Percy was just the only one left alive to praise. "But you do?" The god kept referencing the Greeks as if he wasn't one. Maybe he was Roman? Or some other pantheon?

"Yes. Perhaps I should introduce myself. I am Thor Odinson of Asgard."

Percy blinked. Asgard? He'd never heard of that.

"As I mentioned before, my friends think you a criminal. I convinced them to let me come talk to you this time."

"And I'm sure they're watching or listening to us right now, huh? Comms or tiny video cameras or something. I've seen enough spy movies to know that much."

The waves lapped against the sandy beach, almost like they agreed.

Thor nodded. "They gave me one of those tiny listening devices; I think they called it a bug." The god shook his head. "It clearly isn't an insect, though, so I'm not sure why it is named that. Midgardians are strange creatures." He grinned at Percy. "But fear not, little demigod. The bug decided to fly away when I journeyed over here."

The mischievous look in the god's eyes surprised Percy. Thor didn't seem like a very playful person. "Oh. Well, thanks. I think."

"Do not worry. I will keep your secret. But you must come with me to the Avengers, so we can prove your innocence."

Percy eyed the guy in front of him warily. It would be nice to clear his name and get the government off his back, but... "How do I know you guys aren't gonna just kidnap me or kill me or something?"

"The head of S.H.I.E.L.D. has promised not to harm you." Thor hesitated. "But be warned, Perseus. This man... I am not sure how trustworthy he is."

Percy sighed. "Of course. Why would the head of a government organization be trustworthy? Government and honesty, a complete paradox."

Percy rubbed his temples. He weighed his options carefully. Go with a random, weirdly dressed stranger—who also happened to be a god that was friends with his stalker-attackers and seemed to know a lot about him—or stay on the run from the government.

Wasn't that hard of a choice.

"Fine," Percy said to the superhero-god. He blew out a breath and forced a grin. "Take me to your leader."