Chapter 11: Before the wedding

Start from the beginning

After that, my thoughts were racing way too fast to different scenarios making me almost go crazy. I didn't like that idea of her being near another male at all. In fact, I hated it. As much as I tried to reason with myself I was one step away from going back to our house to check.

''Don't say such things. Can't you see that he is ready to go to his house only to check?'' Owen said.

All of them turned to look at me. 

''I'll call her.'' I said.

Without wasting another second I went to a quiet place and dialed her number. I waited anxiously for her to pick it up and tell me that what Justin said wasn't true.

''Hello?'' a voice replied.

But it was definitely not the one I wanted to hear. Why didn't Evelyn pick up her phone? What's going on?

Evelyn's POV

''Done.'' Rosalyn said.

Nadia, the three bridesmaids and I were sitting in the living room of my house doing our nails and talking about anything that came to our minds. Two of the girls were my friends from Alexander's company and the other was a dear friend of Nadia and me. Crystal and Jane were the ones from the company whereas Rosalyn was the good friend from college,

''Oh, they are beautiful.'' Nadia said.

''She was good at it from college. Don't you remember?'' I asked Nadia.

Then I turned to Rosalyn. 

''Thank you. They are very nice.'' I said to her.

''It was nothing. Only one time we are dressing you as a bride.'' she said.

''Now that you mentioned it, where will be Alexander staying?'' Nadia asked.

''I didn't know you would worry about him, Nadia. Have you started warming up to him?'' I said.

''Absolutely not.'' she replied.

''He will be staying at Owen's along with his friends to ease your worry.'' I said continuing my teasing.

''I am not worried.'' Nadia said.

''Alright. You are not.'' I said.

I wonder what Alexander was doing. He told me that they would go to a club. I hope he is having a great time. I trusted him not to do anything that will upset me.

''Evelyn, your phone is ringing.'' Jane said.

''Who is it?'' Nadia asked.

''Alexander.'' I replied when I saw the ID caller.

Why is he calling me? Did something happen?

''Give it to me.'' Nadia said.

''Why? What will you do?'' I asked.

''I'll just tell him something.''

I didn't like that gleam in her eyes. It meant that she was thinking something bad. Before I could protest, she had grabbed my phone answering it while putting Alexander on speaker and motioning us to be quiet.

''Hello?'' she said.

There was a pause.

''Nadia? Did I dial the wrong number?'' Alexander asked.

He sounded confused. Like he was sure that he called me and wondering why Nadia answered it.

''No, it's Evelyn's.'' she said.