Everybody's Hero

♥♥♥Alright, here's the next chapter! Also, I added an extra paragraph onto the last chapter I posted because there was only a paragraph left of Levy's POV before I switched to Quinn's, and I hadn't uploaded it, so you could check that out but its nothing groundbreaking. Anyway, Enjoy!!♥♥♥

Quinn's P.O.V

"Batman's got no point."

"Are you kidding me? Superman is so full of shit!"

I sighed. The twins were fighting over superman and batman. Again. It was a heated topic between them.

"You know what Batman's not full of?" Liam asked, right in his brothers face. "Super powers!" he spat, and Nicco recoiled.

"He has more money than God, he can have whatever power he wants. He's got the bat mobile." Nicco said, poking Liam in the chest.

"The only thing Batman has going for himself is money! No powers, no personality." Liam said, waving his hands around.

"Superman works as a desk assistant or something like that!" Nicco said, and Liam opened his mouth to counter.

"Girls, girls, you're both pretty. Can you shut up now?" I said, annoyed, and they looked over at me.

"Quinn, not now, we're in the middle of an important argument." Liam said, and Nicco nodded.

"We can talk about which one of us is more attractive later." Nicco added, and I rolled my eyes. They quickly started arguing over the stupid super hero thing again, and I  got up and headed out of the room just as Max came in. He looked at me.

"Super heroes again?" he asked, and I made a face and nodded. He sighed and shook his head as he walked past. "Guys, they both suck. Iron man is where it's at."

I rolled my eyes and quickly left the room as all three of them got into it. I sighed and headed for the garage. Usually Levy was in there. It had been almost three days since I had tried to leave, and Levy hadnt said another word about it since that night, which I really appreciated. I'd been so….exhausted. Levy had been there for me, like no one else, other than Jake, ever had been, and I couldn’t thank him enough, mostly because I was too stubborn.

The thing was, when I was with Levy, life seemed to suck a little less. We spent most of our time together, taking out the sin wagon, watching movies, or just doing whatever.

But every time I was with him, something inside me screamed to run, not to get close, to forget about him while I still had the chance. Getting attached to someone is one of the most dangerous things I could do, and everyday a new tension about it built inside of me. But that feeling was over ruled by the other feelings I got from being with Levy.  I felt like I had a ton off my shoulders. He made me feel….happy, I guess. He was like a drug. I just couldn’t stay away from him, despite the side effects that included getting close to him and possibly getting hurt. Opening up to someone gave them power to crush you.

Then I remembered what was written on Jake's head stone, what he had said to me so often.

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to.

Of course, I didn't love Levy. I didn't. But it wouldn’t be much longer before he would have the ability to crush me, not because I was in love with him because I'm pretty sure I'm a psychopath and can't feel love or something, but because every day I spent with him, the closer I got to him. I would say things I didn't mean to say, reveal pieces of me that I never intended for him to know.

And I wasn’t sure if I could trust him not to destroy me.

*****************

"Quinn?" I could hear Jake's tentative voice, in  the other room of the apartment. I didn't respond, just stayed curled into a ball in the back room, waiting for the pain to ease, for the tears to stop flowing. I wouldn’t leave until then.