Chapter V pt. 2

​At the moment, he had most likely ridden his horse to check all of his traps, but he also might have ridden far away to actually hunt for deer and such. If Zeilla had cared at all where he was, she could have gone to his stables and looked to see if two of his three horses were gone, or none. But, she didn't care. It didn't matter to her one bit whether Silas was in faery land, as long as he came home and demanded dinner.
​I'm done with the bed. Skersha told her.
​Alright, I'll be in to check on it when I finish these arrows. Why don't you go out to the chicken coop and see if any of the hens laid some eggs?
​You just did that this morning, child. Skersha reminded her, amused.
​Oh, yes, I did. My mind is a little off today. Zeilla said this as way of an apology.
​In that case, how are you with a needle? Silas needs his clothes patched up.
​I can try, but I might end up sewing his pant legs shut. Skersha cackled.
​I'll make sure you did it right before we play. Finishing the last arrow, Zeilla put them all in his quiver, and hung it on the long nail that he kept jutting out of the wall for that purpose. Speaking of which, let me check the bed.
​Zeilla and Skersha did this for several more hours. Zeilla finishing a task, while assigning more to Skersha. She occasionally forgot that she had already done something, and Skersha, more gently than usual, reminded her. Finally, four hours from when they started (which was two thirds of the time it usually took Zeilla to do her chores) Zeilla sat down in Silas's fancy chair, and sighed.
​"Done." She said aloud to Skersha. "Maybe you should do my chores with me more often. We could play games every night."
​"Don't jump to conclusions, Zeilla. Just because I helped you this time, doesn't mean I'll be as willing later."