Chapter I pt. 1

Zeilla heard a buzz. A quiet high pitched note pierced through her head as she groaned and slowly came into consciousness. Confused, her mind was reeling with questions. What had happened? What did she do wrong this time? And what was that noise? She wrestled with her foggy memories until it all suddenly flashed back to her; running away, the soldiers that she practically ran into, being carted all the way back to the king. Mostly though it was the pain of her arm being cracked against the stone wall. She had thought her arm was broken. The noise was just Skersha trying to wake her up.
​She groaned again and tried to sit up, accidentally using her injured left arm. "Ahh!" she grunted and fell back on the hard stone floor, she fell so hard that her head made a noise as it hit the floor. "Ugh," she moaned. She used her other arm to push herself up this time.
​Did you know that you're a clumsy oaf? Skersha asked carelessly.
​I'd like to see you try to do better. Zeilla snapped angrily, laying herself cautiously against the wall so that she couldn't hurt herself any more than she already had.
​Are you sure about that?​
​Zeilla remembered that Skersha had recently found a way to forcefully take control of her body. Skersha! I was just beaten, and after a long ride back to my master's house, in which I will be bound, master will most likely beat me again when I get there! I'll be lucky if I'm fully conscious for a few days after that! Zeilla slumped against the wall, fearfully trying not to contemplate the pain that was going to come over the next few days. She continued with softer, more subdued thoughts. That kind of pain really takes it out of a person. She paused, almost crying, Can you please just... take it easy on me? Please?
​You know what, Skersha said, relishing the feeling that once again even without controlling her body she had complete control over Zeilla, I don't think that's quite going to work this time.
​She sighed, Skersha, I am sorry that you were stuck with a worthless stupid piece of scum like me. Now will you please refrain from hurting me!
​I guess that'll do. Skersha sounded so smug that Zeilla wanted to smack her.
​You really shouldn't think these things, girl. Jeered Skersha, You could be punished for them.
​Zeilla didn't respond, Skersha could read her thoughts, even the ones that weren't aimed at her. One of the many downsides of telepathic communication with her. She closed her eyes. Although she had just woken up, she was still exhausted from the beating. Skersha, what do you want from me now?
​Why would I need a reason to talk to you? The she-wolf asked. We are Bonds after all. Shouldn't we get to know each other a little bit?
​But, you know everything about me already, Zeilla was already getting uneasy with the line of conversation and her voice caught, I-I'm not hiding anything fr-from you.
​Of course you're not. Skersha reassured her. But do you know anything about me?
​Zeilla was growing more and more nervous, she actually hadn't thought about Skersha like a person at all before, rather as another source of pain. If she was asking if she could share personal details about her own previous existence, it was a first, and probably just an excuse to hurt Zeilla even more. Carefully, Zeilla sent a few intentional thoughts to the wolf that she could read more easily. I thought that I wasn't allowed to... invade your privacy by asking questions.
​I'm making an exception this time, Skersha said. Surprisingly, her voice was almost even gentle, ask me anything, anything at all.
​A-are you sure? Zeilla asked, more than a little unsure of what Skersha was trying to do.
​She paused for a second as if thinking, not letting Zeilla know what of course. Girl, I want to show you something. Stay calm and do not be alarmed. Apprehensively, Zeilla nodded. The next thing she saw was the wolf sitting next to her. She stared into its snout with two rows of long sharp teeth, and looked into its hungry eyes. Zeilla screamed.