Chapter I pt. 3

Skersha actually laughed at the girl's concentration, and the pain it brought her. Zeilla, you can either tell me, or I can force my way into your mind. Her laughter died down to a chuckle as Zeilla focused all the more, hoping that that it would prevent Skersha from reading her private thoughts. Skersha could always hear whatever Zeilla was thinking when she cared to try, but she had to work on it look into Zeilla's memories of thoughts.
​The girl knew that she was just doing it for fun, it was always just for fun. Skersha didn't really care why Zeilla hated her, if she did then she would just always listen to what Zeilla thought. It wasn't even that hard to guess. But Skersha didn't listen to her, and she delighted in prying any information out of Zeilla. Especially when Zeilla resisted her.
​The she-wolf started on her mind, forcing Zeilla to let her in, and memories flashed before her eyes. Zeilla remembered everything that she had thought in the past month. Which was the last time Skersha had invaded her like this. It was always in such rapid succession that she sometimes wondered how Skersha could pay attention to it all. Or maybe she didn't.
​Ohh, what do we have here? She asked, grinning maliciously. It appears that you had a little temper tantrum. How did I not notice that?
​"Please stop Skersha!" Zeilla whispered out loud, clenching her teeth and glaring at the ground. This invasion of her thoughts did not actually hurt most of the time, but it made Zeilla feel vulnerable. It made her feel like she was laying her soul at Skersha's feet, to crush if she saw fit. Skersha was laying every one of her personal thoughts out in the open, dissecting them, and throwing them away like worthless trash. To Zeilla, it was like torturing her mind.
​Please get out. Please stop! Please, please, just get out of my head Skersha! I'll do anything you want! Just stop! Zeilla was mentally screaming at Skersha. She was begging her, but it was also to just distract herself from the nauseating feeling of being exposed like that. Despite her best efforts, a helpless tear rolled down her grime covered cheek.
​"Fine," Skersha snarled at Zeilla, violently retreating from her mind. Zeilla blinked in surprise and relief. She let out a quiet sob and collapsed against the wall, exhausted. She curled into a ball, trying to block out the pain and fear. As she calmed down she realized, begging had never worked with Skersha before. Why this time?