Cows, Cows, Cows

Depuis le début

"Who is it?" Kakashi questions.

I thought about it. I knew who it was. I knew exactly who they were talking about, but at the same time, my mind went blank. Something is wrong. I shouldn't have forgotten something so vital. This short man, what did he do?

Gahhhh!!! I'm losing my memory of the show!

"You know who it is, at least, I'm sure you heard of his name before. He's one of the wealthiest man in the world. Gato," Tazuna answers. A memory clicks in my mind. His name, Gato! An evil man in charge of some "Gato Transport" thing. How could I have forgotten that?

"Huh?! What's going on here? Who's that?" Naruto questions. Sakura looks at Naruto as if he were retarded but the sheepish look her eyes gave betrayed her and showed ignorance. She knew nothing of this "Gato" either. Ha! Stupid bitch!

"Gato is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company that's strong. But below the surface with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja," Tazuna explains. I could practically feel the suspense in the air. A long explanation was heard from Tazuna. It was pretty simple, really, like Hitler and the Jews! Anyone who stood in his way or protested against his ways went bye-bye and ended up in the bottom of a lake. Finish the bridge, and Gato will be the one who goes bye-bye. It will break his control over the land and then BAM! Democracy!

"Oh, but if you drop me off at shore. I'll be assassinated before I would reach the bridge. I can just hear my grandson crying for his grandfather: 'Wah! Wah! Granddad! I want my granddad!' and my poor daughter, she'll be so heart broken and living a life of sorrow." Tazuna lowered his head in a mocking sorrow and clutched his hands to his chest. He let out a ridiculed, heart aching sigh. What he was gaining, was anything but sympathy. It only seemed to deride any little respect I had left for this bridge builder who claims to be doing this to save his village. "Ah well, it's not your fault. Forget it. Do what you have to do. I'm sure my grandson wouldn't detest of you too much for it." I snorted. Just for that, I hope he gets AIDs.

Everyone sweat drops and Kakashi sighs, "I guess we have no other choice. We'll have to keep guarding you." Tazuna flashes a victorious grin that could easily be overlooked as arrogant triumph, but there was more to it. He was relieved, it showed in his face. He was reassured because of our assistance. For a moment, his eyes showed happiness. The cries of his grandson longing for his deceased father would be long forgotten. They would start over. His village would be free, he and his family would live a life of peace, content. At the instant, the boat had found light again and the fog had ceased.

The land was beautiful, at least it would be without so much water. The air is warmer, the sounds of insects are almost too loud. The large body of water seems like a black void, the sun bouncing off its surface. When the wind blows the sun's reflection makes the ripples glimmer. The water looked cool, almost cold. The boat hit the docks and one by one, everyone climbed out. I bit my lip and stood up hesitantly. The boat slightly shook as I slowly tried to regain balance. A bead of sweat made its way down the side of my forehead as I lifted my leg to step onto the dock. The boat rocked from beneath me and I lost my balance. I gasp in fear. A shriek escaped my lips and I closed my eyes shut, waiting for my face to make contact with the water as I held my breath.

Darkness. It was cold. For a moment, it was as if time had frozen, leaving me stranded there in the void of blackness.

A firm hand yanked on my arm, pulling me upwards. We both fall, my face buries itself in their chest. My heart pounds against my rib cage, my body shook. I flinched at the contact and whimpered. My mind was in a daze, my heartbeat had quickened considerably and it refused to die down. I took a shaky breath urged myself to move. I couldn't. I must have stayed there for a long time because I was suddenly yanked up by my hair. "How dare you fall on Sasuke! I can't believe he saved someone as clumsy, not to mention ugly, as you!" The pink-haired bitch still had a fistful of my hair.