Cows, Cows, Cows

*Holy fudge. It's been so long since there has been an official update, and I am sorry for that. Eighth grade is really brutal. Because it's the final year of middle school, there are all sorts of end of the year tests to worry about. It was literally essay after essay after project to benchmarks. It's just too much to think about and so I have been getting really lazy. But in the end, I finally got to finish it. I don't really know if you guys will be satisfied with this chapter. So I wasn't really quite that high when I wrote it, I'm sorry for the sudden change of my writing style. I made it more descriptive and less dialogue and 'too the point'. So, don't be surprised if it's more boring. If you don't like it and preferred my previous style of writing like in the previous chapters, please, do not hesitate to tell me in the comments.*

Chapter 12- Cows, Cows, Cows

My body felt rigid, as if making the slightest movement would make the boat fluctuate into a void of unbalance. My eyes dart back and forth through the thick blanket of mist that seemed to mask us from view. They shift from Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, Tazuna, to Sakura, then back to Sasuke who sat inches away. I stared at him, restraining myself from clinging onto his arm, not by choice, but by instinct. I was on a boat. Boats sink. I can't swim.

It wasn't necessarily the contents of the water I was so terrified of, it was the anxiety that seemed to creep its way into my mind telling me that I was going to drown, the expectation that I was going to loose my life in a mere gulp of water. But all at once, it wasn't dying I was afraid of. No. It went beyond much more than that.

We stayed silent throughout the ride in fear of the enemy locating our exact position. We were on our way to Tazuna's home, the Land of Waves. The only way was by boat through the thick fog. I was almost surprised at how well Naruto handled it. The blondie can barely keep his excitement as he jumped up and down in his seat, rocking the boat a little more than I feared. My jaw clenched and I bit back how much I wanted to throw my shoe at him.

In the distance, a faint shadow can be made out. It only grew into a big bridge still under construction. "WOAH! It's huge!" Naruto yelled. This time I didn't stop myself from following that action through. A bump slowly grew on his head as he rubbed it vigorously. He looked at me through his hurt, squinted eyes. "Hey! What was that for, Evie?!"

"Hey! Quiet! I said no noise! Why do you think we are traveling like this, huh? It's so they won't see us," the guy steering the boat said. Honestly, I wanted to smack him upside the head.

Naruto quickly slapped a hand on his mouth, his face scrunched up like a raisin as he frantically looked around. It almost made me laugh. Almost.

"Tazuna, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, why?" Kakashi said narrowing his eyes. It sounded like a command more than a question. "If you don't answer us, I'm afraid I would have to end the mission and drop you ashore." Yep, definitely a threat right there.

I swallowed back the fear I had of water and grinned mischievously. "Well isn't it obvious?" My team looked at me in question as Tazuna's gaze looked alarmed, almost in panic. "Well look at him! He's so sexy and irresistible!" I could practically feel the attitude in the eye-roll Sakura gave me. Naruto made fake gagging noises to which made Sasuke growl. Tazuna looked at me in disgust as Kakahi's eyebrow quirked in amusement. I laughed, "No really! Look at the complexion of those legs! What a sexy beast!" I opened my mouth for more crap to come out of it but was quickly interrupted by Tazuna, obviously wanting me to shut up. Okay! Okay! I see how it is! I can take a hint!

"I have no choice but to tell you," he said almost yelling over my voice. What a bitch. A male bitch, those are rare. "The one who is after me is a very short man - no bigger than this brat over here-" he pointed at me. I scowled. "-who casts a very long a deadly shadow." I don't know what the ef that even means. If he's trying to be wise, he just sounds like a complete jackass.