Part 42: On days where thin rain falls ...

Me: I passed by your classroom but I couldn't find you. I was afraid that something might happen to you. So I searched for you everywhere until I saw you at the gymnasium. The day you punched the boy, actually I was scared. I still remember how you hit my nose. The handkerchief, we did exchange it but ... Actually ... We didn't.

Jinsung: Heh?

Me: The handkerchief that you were having was yours. The one I threw at your face was mine. I realized that when I reached home. I'm sorry when I blamed you as the reason why I had been expelled from the school. I did that because I was afraid to fall in love. So, I decided to be fake. Unfortunately, I still fall in love with you. Remember the day when Seunghyun brought you to the rooftop, I saw everything. The way he hugged you.

FLASHBACK

I was leaning against the wall when I saw you and Seunghyun having a romantic scene on the rooftop. I couldn't hold my tears. I felt pain because I tried to be fake by hurting myself. Unfortunately, Seunghyun saw me and he met me after school.

Seunghyun: Mianhae, Jiyongi.

Me: Gwaenchanha. You can have her.

Seunghyun: Ani. I won't steal my friend's happiness.

He hugged me and patted my back.

END OF FLASHBACK

Me: I saw you at the front gate with Seungri-ssi. So I grabbed someone's hand to walk with me. I didn't know it was Chaelin-ssi. I asked her to act that we were friends. I knew you ran away to cry. So I returned back to see whether you were still crying or not. That was why I greet you to make you felt calm. Me and Chaelin, we are friends until now.

Jinsung: What about the confession during the audition?

Me: Wae?

Jinsung: You said that your love was Jinsung! Heh, I mean Chaelin!

Me: You weren't there at that time!

I knocked her head.

FLASHBACK

Me: Before I made her cry, Jinsung ah! Yah where are you? I want you to know that ... I will wait for you forever.

Seungri: How about Chaelin? You have to choose either one.

Me: Chaelin-ssi, you're my donsaeng right?

Chaelin: Ne!

END OF FLASHBACK

Jinsung: Aigoo why did I walk out so early? The rose ... The red rose in the box ...

Me: That is my love.

Jinsung: But it is a fake rose!

Me: Yah ... Think of it. Why did I say my love will last longer as long as the petals are there?

Jinsung: Fake rose doesn't wither.

Me: Tengtengtengteng! You got the answer.

Jinsung: Wah ... When did you become so genius?

Me: Long time ago. The song. I wrote when I was in the hospital. It was me. I wrote for you. I promised myself that I would be fine without you, but I couldn't help it. A day without you is too long. I pray that I may please forget you but that's a lie. Without you, happiness cannot be found in me. Actually, I didn't go to Japan. I always come to your house when you were in university. I wanted to see you but I was being told that I couldn't.

Jinsung: Oppa ...

Me: On days where thin rain falls like today, I remember your shadow. Jinsung-ssi, I had promised myself from the day I gave you the hairpin ... For not to fall in love with you. But I failed to fullfil my promise.