Part 33: Hairpin

Jinsung's POV

I went back home and dived onto my bed. I played with my hair while staring at the white ceiling.

Me: Why did he do that? Paying the bills? But ...

FLASHBACK

There was a boy from the fifth grade came to steal my toys. He lived far away from here but he was Seungriseyo's cousin so he'll come here every weekends.

Seungri: I'm home.

Me: Yeobo ... Please drink this coffee.

We used to play as husband and wife when we were in the second grade. We were playing in Seungri's house compound. Suddenly, the boy came and sprayed us with his water gun. I stood there and my shirt became wet. When I went back home, eomma nagged to me while Taemin oppa was laughing at me behind eomma. When I went to school the next day, I met the naughty boy and I called him Yongyong eventhough he was my sunbaenim. Actually, I didn't know his full name.

Me: Yah Yongyong! Eomma nagged to me yesterday because my shirt was wet!

Yongyong: It is none of my business.

Me: Mworago?!

I grabbed his collar shirt and I punched his nose. Moments later, eomma and appa came to the principal's room.

Principal: She hit this boy. She is in second grade while this boy is in fifth grade.

Eomma: They're neighbours.

Principal: Ouh. Gwaenchanha. I warn both of you to play well together. Don't fight anymore. Arasseo?

Both of us: Urm ...

Just after a minute, the boy's father arrived.

Appa: Sijin. This is your son?

Mr Kwon: Ne. Nice to meet you.

I glanced at Yongyong who was playing the principal's pen. He looked at me and whispered,

Yongyong: Saekki.

Me: Mwo?

Suddenly, his father held my shoulders and pinched my cheeks.

Mr Kwon: They were very closed to each other. Come appa look at your nose, Jiyong-nim.

Ouh I just knew his name. Kwon Jiyong.

END OF FLASBACK

Jinjja?! It was him? I just remembered everything! It must be my childhood memories that I slowly forgot as my age increases from years to years. How about at the cemetry?

FLASHBACK

Mr Kwon: I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Appa: Kamsahamnida.

Yongyong: Jinsung-ssi.

Me: Why are you here?

Yongyong: I knew Taemin hyung well. He's a great hyung.

Me: It is none of my business!

Yongyong: I promised him to take care of you and ... Jinsung-ssi ... He gave you this.

I opened the box that Yongyong gave to me. It was the globe that I smashed on the day he went to the military.

Yongyong: I paste them. He said, you like me a lot.

Me: Ani ... He's a great liar too.

Yongyong: But why did you stay still when I sprayed the water to you if you can punch my nose at that time?

Me: Ani ... I was ... I thought you wanted to play with me ...

Yongyong: Here. Keep this hairpin. I bought it from Japan. I'll move there tomorrow.

Me: Wae?

Yongyong: Eomma wanted to live there. Just wear that pin if you miss me.

Me: I hate hairpin.

Yongyong: Just keep it as a gift from me.

Me: Oppa ...

Yonyong: What did I hear just now?

Me: Oppa. I'm gonna miss you!

I hugged him and cried so hard.

Me: I cried because of Taemin oppa.

He patted my back and wiped my tears.

END OF FLASHBACK

How come I had forgotten everything? He was my childhood crush! I admired him when I was in the second grade!