Part 6: Flashback

Principal: Again, both of you. I've called your parents to come here to take you home.

Jinsung: Wae?

Me: Cool.

Jinsung: Oppa!

Jinsung hit my shoulder.

Mr Yoon: Annyeonghaseyo.

Principal: Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Yoon. You may sit here.

Mr Yoon: What have you done, Jinsung-nim?

Principal: She hit a guy.

Mr Yoon: Jinjja?

Suddenly, Mr Yoon laughed while clapping his hands.

Mr Yoon: Cool, Jinsung. I can tell this to your eomma. Yes, she did hit a boy when she was in the second grade.

Principal: That's how you teach your child? You're an army, sir.

Mr Yoon: Mr Principal, everyone have their own ways to teach their children. I taught my children to be tough.

Principal: How about Yoon Taemin?

Mr Yoon: ( sighed ) He's dead.

Principal: You said you taught your children to be tough?

Appa: Annyeonghaseyo.

Principal: Another army. Sit here please.

Appa sat beside Mr Yoon.

Principal: Your son are being too rude, Mr Kwon.

Appa: How rude is he?

Principal: He skipped his classes and he bullied some students.

Appa: Great job, son. I did that too. Who wants to pay attention if the teachers are babbling and nagging without any reasons? I am an army and I know my soldiers hate nags.

Principal: But-

Mr Yoon: True. It's true. My daughter will not hit people without reasons. Why don't you ask the boy what had he done to my princess?

Principal: Both of them are under detention and they can rest at home for a week. Go home! Ppalli!

***

Mr Yoon: I don't know your son is in Korea. I thought he's in Japan.

Appa: Ani. I brought him here last three years. He needs education in Korea too.

Appa brought us to his cafe in Incheon. I didn't know appa and Mr Yoon were closed to each other.

Jinsung: Can I go to the toilet?

Appa: Ne.

Appa drank Americano coffee which was his favourite.

Appa: Taemin is a good army. It wasn't his fault.

Mr Yoon: Jinsung took years to cure her pain. She doesn't want to talk with me. She said it was my fault because I sent Taemin-nim to the millitary.

Appa: Jiyongi also-

Me: Appa. Let's talk about other topics.

Appa: I brought him here because ...

Me: Appa.

Appa: I lost my wife.

I stood up and went to the toilet. I couldn't hold my tears. It just rolled down on my cheek.

 It just rolled down on my cheek

FLASHBACK

It was a cloudy night on that day. We gathered in the living room and had a cheerful dinner.

Eomma: Yeobo, I got news to tell you.

Appa: What is it?

Eomma: Jiyongi ... Will have a dongsaeng soon!

Appa: Jinjja? Omo. I'm speechless. That's why you prepared everything tonight!

Me: Eomma, if we have baby, can we return to Korea?

Eomma: Urm. Ne. Eomma and appa are planning to go back there. Appa can work as army back and eomma can stay at home to take care of the baby.

Me: Great! I can go to the high school next year!

But ... The next year, it was only me and appa returned back to Korea. Eomma ... She didn't make it. We lost her and my dongsaeng.

END OF FLASHBACK