What the hell just happened?

"Freak!" The voices of my family  chanted as I received another sharp whip to the back. This was my punishment for breaking a window without touching it. I didn't mean to I just remember wanting to open the window and then it shattered. The next thing I know I'm facing my fathers belt.
He raises his arm and brings it down on my hip hard enough to break the skin. Through my own screams I can hear are their voices  FREAK. FREA-

Beep beep bee-

The sound of my alarm was  silenced as it flew across the room and smashed against the far end of the wall. Shooting up in a cold sweat my eyes darted  around the room searching for danger. I realised  that it was the remains of my alarm clock that had made the noise. I sighed running a hand through my hair as I got up and headed for a shower before work. Letting the hot water wash away the dirt and sweat from yesterday my eyes floated down to the 8 inch scar on my hip... raised and white it was one of many that littered my body. A constant reminder of what I was. A freak.

It wasn't long after that I was driving to work, somewhat pushing the speed limit to avoid being late. I was wearing my usual work clothes, a white shirt, pencil skirt, heels and my dark hair in a messy bun.

******

"I heard you were late again this morning Striker?" A voice sneered from behind me causing me to groan inwardly. It wasn't enough that I had to near enough boil to death all day behind this desk. Or the fact that I hadn't gotten any sleep last night. No. I had to deal with my asshole boss. It was only  a few hours before closing, I was hoping I'd gotten away with it. Twisting in my seat I found the chubby pink features of  Arnold smirking before me.

"I was late by 6 minutes Arno- I mean sir! The bank wasn't even open yet!" I defended knowing the speech I was about to endure. He simply shrugged shaking his head.

"Time is money Evangeline. I as manager of Gotham national bank I take my job very seriously by making sure I'm here by 7:00 am not 7:06 am. In fact it states here that if a member of staff is late more than 4 occasions they should be fi-." Arnold didn't get the chance to finish because at that moment gunfire exploded inside the bank and everyone began falling  to the ground.

"Ha ha ha! Kill em all boys leave no one !" A voice boomed over the gunfire. Looking besides me I saw that Arnold had been hit. He was dead. Reflexes made me shoot away from his body and toward the end of the desk and that's when I saw him. The crown prince of crime himself was robbing Gotham national bank. He wore a dressy suite with half his buttons undone flashing what looked like tattoos on his chest, he was shooting in all directions with his gun.  I watched some of his goons take bags of money while others were shooting at anything that moved.

"Please don't shoot I'm begging you I have children!" A woman begged as she and 3 others were dragged from their hiding places and shot. I couldn't watch anymore. I had to act. I hope this works.  I thought as focused myself. The sounds of gunfire fading away until there was nothing but the sound of my own heart. I felt what I hoped was the energy build up.  I could feel it pulse within my veins. Standing up i moved into the centre of the room. The gunfire ceased as the attackers turned to see who was brave or stupid enough to come out and face them. The joker turned to face me, a look of humour and irritation on his pale face.

"Well well someone has a death wish don't the-." I didn't let him finish as I sent his men and their guns crashing through the large windows of the bank and onto the street outside. The realisation of what I'd done set in as I stared at my hands in shock. Since when does it ever do what I want it to?

Looking up again I found myself under the gaze of the joker who looked a mixture of shock and rage on his face. He started making his way toward me but stopped after hearing the approaching police sirens. He swiftly  pulled out what turned out to be a smoke bomb and disappeared. "BYE BYE!"

Knowing that I'd just exposed my gift to everyone in the building and Gotham's crown prince of crime left me with a feeling of dread in my stomach.

How was I gonna explain this to the police?

More importantly the hell just happened?
*************************************
Ok guys this is my first story of any kind on here so be patient with me Kay? I'd love to know
what you guys think? Hope you all enjoyed my first chapter!!

More importantly the hell just happened? *************************************Ok guys this is my first story of any kind on here so be patient with me Kay? I'd love to knowwhat you guys think? Hope you all enjoyed my first chapter!!

Crazy Stupid Love. (Joker)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara