Chapter 8: Revealing Books

~~Dipper's POV~~

I lay there in their bed almost defeated by my physical runs with Astrid and her dragon's attempts. I know I could reason out but they wouldn't listen a thing to what I'll say. Plus, if I haven't run for my life, I might've die. Correction; "might"

Anyways, there's nothing noteworthy that have happen after the sudden ambush attack. After using my flashlight to shrink back Toothless to his normal size, Hiccup and the rest of his gang congratulated me, and in between an amount of question marks for me to answer. I laughed out in haggard joy and passed out. Yep. Nothing noteworthy at all. Still, that solid fall, I can still feel it. The hard pound on the side of my head. Having a rest, I needed it to replenish my energy up, though now, I had woken up, still a bit tired but enough to walk about.

Laying in bed, I decided to check on my bag, cautiously checking out if they had touched the contents inside. All items were left untouched, I breath out a relief sigh. They didn't bother to check, that's good news. Still, it's so quiet and I don't see Hiccup anywhere nor Toothless on his rock bed.

I wonder what happened after I was unconscious..? No-wait.. How long was I asleep..?

Among my troubled thoughts of deciphering the events, a door opens up on my view. It was Hiccup and he was over joyed to see me.

"Hey Dipper.." he greeted, sticking its head behind him stood Toothless, revealing out his gums, as if smiling and let's out a cooing sound of a 'hello'. Well that's cute, did he taught him how to smile? "You doing okay?"

"Yeah.." I held up my head as a throb of pain was signaled, however, only a slight tremor that I continued to spoke, "how long was I out cold?"

"No more for over 1 day, I heard Astrid attacked you.." he answered, worry revealing in his eyes.

"Thats honesty, but she only intended to scare me.." in truth, I answered.

"Well, that's Astrid, she could either kill you if she tried.." I gulp down hard. Hearing the word 'Kill' once more.

"O-okay.." gee, thanks for being honest.

"Anyways, I'd made us some stew.." he claimed, reminding me that I haven't eaten yet. Thats true, I guess a nice meal would replenish m energy even further. Plus, I'd get to experience the meals from old times! and lets also remind that I'm in the Viking era. Viking meals! I wonder what kind do they serve? I couldn't wait to taste their cooking that I slowly revealed out a smile, a certain agreement on my expression, "Now I won't force you to come down, that is if your head 's okay?"

I shook my head, "no its okay, Hiccup.." I replied, "I am a bit peckish, so why not?"

Assured by my answer, he nodded his head and walked down, attempting me to follow him down stairs. Going down, Toothless made sure I'd got down safely before swallowing a ton of fishes in a basket, which was prepared for him. In a clearing view, on their table was two bowls place with only a two spoons. Hot steam surfacing inside the bowl. Walking there to take a seat near were Hiccup is, at the table, I observed the stew.

Milk and fish? What is this stuff?

"It's Rökt Fisk in a stew" Hiccup claimed, as if he could read my mind, when I took a glance at my bowl full of fish and some herbs added on it and on the side, is that a yak? During my first flight with Hiccup, I've seen them on a farm. All hairy and buffy. It had a ton of meat thats for sure. Maybe thats another reason why Vikings turn a little bit fat? Although, I can't say anything in Hiccup's case.