Alicia was walking into her school building with her head down listening to Gerald Levert. This man was a musical genius to her, she loved all his songs. Her favorite genre was love songs, she'll listen to rap but what drew her was R&B music.

"My lips to kiss ya, My eyes to see you, My legs to stand, My time to spend" Walking in humming to herself, like she did everyday, she keeps her head down so no one would mess with her if she doesn't  make eye contact. It sucked that she went to a all black school in the Bronx.

Reaching her locker, and retrieving her books she was knocked down the ground by the girl she could not stand the most.

" White girl watch where you stand" Ashely said looking at her up and down, Alicia got up shaking her head walking away. She was just an mix girl, why can't no one see that?

Walking into class, she's seeing females gagging around these little boys. To her they were still boys, they was nothing like the loved songs she heard or imagine. What she didn't understand on why so many fathers would allow their daughters to carry themselves that way. It was too disrespectful even though she didn't know her father. She would never disrespect him.

Also, a lot of these boys in this school, don't know how to treat a woman, or a girl exact. Does their mother show them or a man show them how to treat a woman? So many questions be running through her head, as she walk the halls.

Alicia sat down in her desk far away from everyone and pulled out her diary unlocking it. She instantly started writing the first thing that came into mind
"Cause a real man, knows a real woman when he sees her
And a real woman knows a real man ain't afraid to please herShe continued to write until her teacher walked into the room. There was a lot of thoughts warming in her head. She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way because she was so young but she just want someone to put her first, love her and cherish her. She believed every woman and girl needs to know their worth regardless.

Her thoughts drifted off to a hot time boy that caught her eye since she was younger. He would never pay attention to her but she sure did notice him. Every time she see him she always mumbled "You Don't know my name" That was a phrase in her diary cause he didn't know her name. She didn't want her world to evolve around him but she want him to at least notice her. Especially since he is her first crush.

"Ms. Keys , would you like to share what your writing" Mr. Smith, her English teacher, asked breaking her out of her thoughts. Shaking her head no which made everyone in the class laugh at her as she sunk in her seat. She's tired of the embarrassment. She was desperately ready to graduate.

"The little white bitch is dumb, man you knew that" One kid yelled making everyone laugh.

" Becky can-"

" Look for the last time, I am mix. Yes my father is black and mother is white, stop discriminating me just because I'm a different fucking shade, every person in this damn room is a different shade" Alicia yelled. " I'm just a lighter version"

"Bitch your voice deep ass hell, I see why ya pops left ya moms, he got with a black queen"

Alicia thought it was best not to say anything else, she didn't cry, she just sat there. Her feelings were hurt but she wasn't gonna show it.Her mother always said she had a elegant voice.

As the day went by, she stayed to herself as usual. She was a lonely girl in a fucked up school, she get judged everyday because of her hair, skin, and the ways she talk. She knew she was different but she knew she was a good type of different going through a rough path.

She would often wonder if she went home crying and her father was there what would he do? What would he say?  But too him even she was too white and everyone been saying that since she could walk. She was just a mix girl, mix being a diamond and elegant beautiful diamond.

" Just a diamond in the rough" She mumbled, she wanted her voice to be heard but she's scared. She knew her mother may not support her for some odd reason, scared of society, and being a different texture living in New York City.

NEW BOOK.

Comment and vote please.

This is a book about Alicia Keys, being a mix girl, being judge by her skin and trying to find her self.