Chapter 17: Intimacy (edited)

Start from the beginning

“Alright then, I will see you tomorrow,” he winked and it made me flinch. I quickly brushed it off and gave him the ole’ smile, giggle, and wave.

Ugh, I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. If he tries anything I will kill him.

Now I just wanted Noah. I wanted him to embrace me and I’m already late. I start running down the corridor until I hear my name. “Mason.”

“Oh Sammy, hey,” I walked up to her and smiled. We haven’t spoken in two weeks. I never had the strength to. After Jillian and Angela all she did was talk about trying to escape again and I just couldn't listen to it anymore. I started avoiding her or making excuses for why I couldn’t come to her room. or make another attempt at escaping.

I wasn’t happy about it, but she was a reminder of how much I failed them. I couldn’t think about it anymore or I would fall apart. I can’t keep talking to her like I’m forming some kind of plan that would solve all our problems. Nothing can bring our friends back and nothing can keep us from the auction.

“How have you been?” she asked. She looked so frail. This wasn’t the Sammy I knew. Her blonde hair was oily and seemed to have lost light. Her eyes were surrounded by dark circles. She looked like she hadn’t slept or bathed in days. A knot formed in my throat before I said, “fine and you.”

“I’m okay,” her accent was rough and her voice cracked. “Can we talk?” she looked around like someone was following us.

“Um, I have something to do,” I said. It wasn’t a complete lie. I was going to meet up with Noah in the dance room. I had already promised I’d be there and besides he makes me forget all about this hell sometimes.

“Please, I just want a little talk, ten minutes,” she begged.

I sighed; “um…sure,” we walked down the corridor as she began talking.

“What are we going too do Mason, about Keegan and Mrs. Bellows?”

“What?” I stopped walking and turned to face her, “they left us alone. They’re not our problem.”

“Yeah right,” she snorted.

“Has Keegan tried to do som—” she cut me off.

“We need a plan to get out of here. This time, no hesitation.”

"What do you expect me to do Sammy? We should pray that they don't change their minds and decide to kill us."

"That's all you're going to say?  They are never going to really leave us alone, not after what happened. We need to leave Mason."

"We tried that!" I snapped, "look where it's gotten us! One dead friend, a dead traitor, and we're still going to be sold."

"You use to have faith Mason. What happened?" 

"Life happened," I said then pushed pass her. I didn’t mean be that harsh but it’s better for us to go our separate ways now before one us ended up like Jillian or even worse, Caroline. I knew that her auction was in a matter of days now. We’d never see each together again.

I walked down the corridor until she was out of sight. I would never forget the shock and disappointment written on her face. I have to keep telling myself that it better this way no matter how clichéd it sounded.

Eventually I stopped walking and leaned against the wall. I thought about the auctions itself for a change. I thought about me being half naked and men throwing their money at me like I was a common whore. I needed to get away from my thoughts. I needed Noah because I was on the brink of crashing.

I walked into the ballroom and Noah was sitting at the piano playing a few keys. He immediately stopped when he heard the door close. “Oh there you are, I thought you ditched me,” he smiled.

“Never,” I ran up to him and smothered him with my kisses.

He stood up and held my waist. He then sat me on top of the piano and began kissing me roughly. I liked it. It wasn’t forceful, just needy. He pulled the hem of my dress up to my hips and trailed his finger along the base of my panties.  All I could hear was the sound of his kisses echoing through the room.

“Oh Noah,” I began to moan as his kisses trailed from my mouth down to my neck and shoulder. I could tell he was trying something new today because he started pulling off my underwear and they slid to my ankles. I gasped but didn’t stop him. I know I should be embarrassed but a part of me felt like I was ready. If someone was going to take my virginity, I wanted it to be Noah.

Noah’s head disappeared below my dress. This was going to happen.

“Well, look what we have here?” Keegan's voice echoed through the room and Noah and I pulled away from each other. I slid off the piano and pulled my underwear up. This is just unbelievable not to mention completely embarrassing. Keegan wasn’t alone. Two of his goons had witnessed our…togetherness and wouldn’t stop snickering.

Keegan walked up to us and looked back and forth between me and Noah. “You’ve been fucking the bitch! Didn’t know you had it in you,” Keegan started laughing. “I can’t believe this. Goody-goody Noah is finally doing something fun.”

“We’re not sleeping together,” I snapped. “And if we were, it’s none of your business. At least he doesn’t try to rape me!”

Smack! Keegan back hand me and I fell of the piano. The stinging in my cheek was so intense that I turned around because the tears were threatening to break free. My body shook from anger and embarrassment.

“Hey! What the hell did you do that for?!” Noah growled. “Mason, are you okay?” he placed a warm hand on my back. I nodded yes but he knew it was a lie. I had so many emotions and Keegan was at the root of them. I felt nothing less than hate for him and if I had the chance, I would kill him. He killed Jillian and every day that he is alive, is a day that a piece of me dies.

“She needs to learn to keep her mouth,” his jaw clenched and his eyes grew dark. His muscles tensed and I knew he was ready for a fight.

“You don’t touch her, ever!” Noah shouted.

"Oh really, who's going to stop me? You? Keegan chuckled. "You're nothing but a little pussy. Go run along and give her a chance with a real man."

"I'm warning you," Noah growled lowly.

I turned around and placed a hand on Noah's shoulder. I didn't want a fight, not right now. I wanted things to be like they have been for the last three weeks. Just me and Noah. No one else mattered. I saw only him and he saw only me. "Come on Noah, let's go."

"Yeah you should listen to your little bitch. You don't want to have to face me," Keegan got in Noah's face and smirked.

"Come on Keegan," one of the guys behind him said. "You know what would happen if you touched him."

"What?!" Keegan shouted. "You're daddy's going to fight your battles? You're pathetic. The funny thing is I feel sorry for her," he pointed to me. "She's has a pussy for a lover. Always hiding behind daddy."

"Shut up!" Noah fist balled and his jaw clenched. "I can fight my own battle you piece of shit."

"Really? News to me," Keegan walked off laughing.

"Don't pay him any attention," I rubbed his shoulders trying to calm him down. "He doesn't know how to treat women he's nothing like you."

"I know. It's just that sometimes he gets to me. He thinks that if you haven't shouted, beaten or forced a woman to have sex then you’re not a man."

I gave him a hug from behind and he turned to face me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and hugged me. It was only then that I could feel him shaking the same way I did when I was hit.