Bittersweet Goodbyes

"6:00 am" mykie mumbled as she managed to roll over and close her eyes again. She wasn't really able to do much anymore considering her fight against depression only seemed to worsen with each pill she took. The doctors said they'd help make her better but she hasn't been too sure for a long time that anything would.

"Pumpkin time to get up!" Her dad yelled as she groaned softly. She rolled out of bed and tossed her hair up in a sloppy updo and stumbled from her bed. She headed to her closet as she picked out a pair of dark jeans and a long sleeved plaid shirt. It was mid spring and the days were getting warmer by the minute and she didn't know how long she was gonna be able to hold off on not wearing short sleeves again. She pulled her clothes on carefully, dodging the cuts the best she could. "Mykie let's go you're going to be late!" Her dad yelled again. "I'm coming, I'm coming.." She mumbled to herself as she pulled on her shoes and slung her backpack over her shoulder.

She managed to make it to first period just before the bell rang and got the very last seat in the back, her favorite. Mykie didn't have many friends and the ones she did weren't much of the friend type to her. She stayed distant and she liked it best that way.

While the normal classroom chatter went on around her mykie started to write her goodbye letter. Some say its a suicide note but frankly, mykie made herself believe it was merely an acceptance letter to rest in peace. She knew people wouldn't be upset about this so she didn't shed much emotion onto the page as she wrote out her final farewells and her last I love you's. Mykie adored all the cliché lines of a goodbye message. She was like a runaway train when the words started spilling out.

Depression knew it won its war when mykie started succumbing to the abuse that her thoughts were handing out. It wasn't hard to do as she was told by those little voices in her head. What could she do? They are after all pretty persuasive in her defense.

By the time fourth period rolled around she was a walking ball of nothingness. Her conscious had been emptied of anything that could possibly argue the decision she had made to cut all ties and give up on life. The school day was nearly reaching its end and the feeling of guilt was slowly creeping its way up her throat like a slimy eel. Electrocuting any possible justification Mykie had formed in her own defense. She was determined to follow through with this because she felt, so deeply that it hurt, it was the right decision.