"Miss Pearson, you're late," my teacher stated the obvious.

"My mom... the principal needed to see me," I replied as the teacher nodded then turned back to the board as I made my way to the back where Xavier was smiling widely, patting an empty table next to him.

As I walked to my table, whispers erupted as I could feel all pairs of eyes on me, making me nervous with each step and when I finally reached my table, I slumped into my seat, sighing in relief as Xavier shot everyone death stares that had them shut up and turned away from me.

"You hate attention, don't you?" Xavier asked quietly with a chuckle.

"Pretty obvious," I answered as I folded my arms on the table and looked to the side. "It's my dad's birthday today."

Xavier nodded, smiling knowingly. "My family is invited to the surprise party."

"Of course," I replied with a shake of my head. "My dad is best friends with your parents."

"So smart baby cakes," Xavier said loudly with a clap as the teacher turned around and shot daggers at him with her eyes that had me giggle.

Classes flew by pretty quickly in a blink of an eye as I started shoving my things inside my locker. When I closed my locker, I could see Xavier leaning against the locker next to mine, not giving the person who was shivering uncontrollably any access to her locker. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wrist, pulling him outside the school.

"What are you doing now?" Xavier asked as he slung an arm around my shoulder as butterflies quickly erupted in my stomach, also earning death stares from groups of girls.

"I'm supposed to distract my dad until 7pm," I answered, taking out my phone to text Aubree I was on my way to collect dad.

"Father daughter time?" Xavier questioned, keeping his eyes focused on me as I nodded in response. "Guess I'll see you at the party baby cakes."

"Still not used to the nickname," I warned.

Xavier chuckled. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."

I scoffed. "I need to go pick up my dad now."

Xavier nodded in understanding. "I'm going to help my dad with the business so I'll see you later."

I nodded in response again before our lips slammed into each other making my heart rate rise but only seconds after, he pulled away before kissing my forehead. I watched him leave as I smiled, able to still feel the touch of his lips linger on my skin before heading towards my car that was parked next to Aubree's, clearly the both of our cars were standing out.

When I parked the car earlier in the morning, a swarm of people gathered around to check it out and when I got out of the car, gasps erupted as if they were shocked to see me driving such a cool, modern car. Just as I escaped from the crowd, I felt their eyes lingering on my back.

Getting into my car, I put my key into ignition then turned on the engine, making it roar so loud that it startled some students around. I bit my lip from laughing as I turned on the radio, the song Clarity by Zedd ft Foxes was blaring through the speakers. I backed out of the parking lot and drove towards the nearest station that only consisted of ten minutes of driving. Getting out of the car, people around was swooning at the car as I shook my head with a small smile before dusting off imaginary dirt on my dark blue high waisted jeans. Once the doors to my car closed automatically, I looked at my reflection in the tinted windows and adjusted my floral top, pulling my white cardigan over my shoulders to cover the exposed skin.