3

"I'm so done," I said in exhaustion as I plopped myself onto my comfortable bed and sighed in content that my feet could finally rest.

"These will do," Aubree replied in satisfaction as she made her way into my walk-in closet and started organising my new clothes.

After school, Aubree and I went to the mall and let me tell you one thing. Never go shopping with Aubree for she will make you sit down as she goes around every store and picks out the clothes before throwing it to you so you could try it on. I had millions of clothes thrown at me before Aubree shooed me into a change room and demanded me to model it for her and when she approved, a satisfying smile was plastered on her face.

It was a bad idea to wear ankle boots with heels attached as well because my feet hurt like they had just walked a marathon. I groaned and massaged my foot as I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Everything alright, girls?" Anastasia asked with a soft voice as she peeked inside before her body came into view.

"I am exhausted," I stated the obvious.

"Aubree is quite the shopper, hey?" Anastasia questioned with a soft smile before her eyes landed on me.

I nodded.

"Well, goodnight girls. Don't stay up for too long because you both have school tomorrow," Anastasia pointed out with a serious look as we both nodded before she disappeared.

"Oh and here's your new phone," Aubree said, chucking me a space grey iPhone 6.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at the technology that had landed into my hands. "I can't accept this."

"Yes you can, Thea. Dad bought it for you so you should really thank him," Aubree replied from the closet. "I have also put in every number you need in case of emergency. Even Xavier's."

I gave her 'the' look as she only giggled in response. I sighed and walked into my bathroom, deciding I needed to have a very long shower under the warm water.

After an hour of standing under the warm, running water, I walked out with a white towel wrapped around my body and into the walk-in closet where I found a silky night gown. I changed into the gown and walked out lazily before my feet halted in the middle of the room, realising that Aubree was gone and my room was pitch black.

I gulped as the churning feeling in my stomach formed at a familiar feeling of a pair of eyes staring at me. I turned my head to the side slowly to see a tall familiar figure dressed in all black, blending in with the darkness. I squinted into the darkness and made my way closer to the figure who was sitting on my window sill.

The figure rummaged through his jean pocket before shining a torchlight from under his face which gave him that scary kind of look. My heart beat skipped a beat as I jumped back, squealing.

"What the actual hell!" I shouted-whispered at Xavier who was sitting casually on my window sill whilst I was still trying to calm my beating heart. "How did you even make it to my window?"

"Your voice is too loud, keep it down," Xavier hissed in the darkness as I arched my eyebrow at his tone of voice, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

He shone his torchlight right in my face as I put my hands in front of my face to protect my eyes from the bright light. He only shrugged, taking one more look at me before opening my window and jumping out of my room. I gasped and ran towards the window, leaning over a bit to see Xavier saluting me then running out of the driveway and into the dark road.

A smile was tugging on my lips as I closed the windows and headed for bed, shaking my head in amusement.

~