23

"Thea!" my dad shouted from downstairs just as I applied the last coat of mascara. 

I sighed, running down the stairs to where my dad was sitting which was in the living room, reading a newspaper whilst Anastasia was hurriedly packing her things inside her huge bag then taking a binding folder and placing it under her arm before bolting out the front door. My heart went out to Anastasia, knowing that being a principal of a school must be hard but if she liked her job then there's nothing I could say. 

"Yes daddy?" I asked, sitting down next to my dad before snuggling into his side that had him ruffle my hair and smile. "Dad, I just got my hair done." 

"You sound just like Aubree," my dad replied with a shake of his head. "Anyway, you're not going school today."

I arched an eyebrow. "Why?" 

My dad's eyes darted around, trying to avoid eye contact that had my suspicions grow until Aubree skipped down the stairs, kissing my dad on the cheek before dragging me away. My dad exhaled in relief before going back to his newspaper as Aubree smiled sweetly at me. 

Aubree has been acting weird ever since Marco picked her up from school the other day but I didn't question it just in case it might be, you know, personal. I ran a hand through my hair as if trying to brush it out until Aubree threw my phone at me as I caught it swiftly, not wanting my baby to die. 

"We're going shopping!" Aubree exclaimed with a clap of her hands. 

My jaw dropped as I looked behind at my dad but all he did was not notice anything. I sighed. "Shopping with you is so hard." 

"Silly," Aubree patted my on the shoulder with a smile. "We're going shopping for you." 

"Why can't we do that on the weekends?" I asked suspiciously. 

Aubree looked around as if searching for an excuse but apparently she couldn't think of one because by the time I blinked twice, I was already in Aubree's Porsche as she drives on the road that led to the mall. I glared at Aubree but all she did was sing-along to Drake's One Dance song. 

After dancing and singing along to many Drake songs, Aubree finally pulled up to a space where she parked then bolted out of the car and before I could even open my door, Aubree managed to fling open my passenger door seat then dragged me out of the car. 

I sighed heavily as I watched her blonde curls bounce on her shoulders, her arms linked with mine as she pulled me inside each store, apparently trying to find a perfect outfit which had me even more confused so I assumed we were just going to a party or something. I had long forgotten about Xavier, not caring what he does anymore because it clearly looks like he wasn't the same Xavier I knew ages ago.

"That's the one!" Aubree exclaimed excitedly after I exited the crowded, small change room that was filled with so many colourful floor length dresses. 

It's been two hours. 

"Are we going to a party or some ball on the weekend?" I questioned as I sighed, looking up at the mirror standing before me as I examined the dress. 

The dress was plain, black. Of course. Who doesn't love black, right? It was a strapless dress that held my breasts comfortably, also tightening my waist to make it more curvy but it was still comfortable. Then from the knees on, it wasn't' tight at all, it was like a flowy kind of thing....I guess.