Part 4: Programming Vocaloids

So I went to my library, and Miku's voice echoed somewhere.

"Welcome master. Now, there is a trapdoor near  that bookshelf, right in front of you."

I looked in front of me and approached that bookshelf, "So? How do I find the trapdoor?"

"Pull a book entitled, Quantum Theory."

And so I searched for that book and when I found it, I immediately pulled it out.

I was a little surprised when the bookshelf groaned and trembled as it moved aside and revealed a metal trapdoor.

"Wow.", was all I could say. I didnt knew that this mansion still kept so many secrets. I pulled the trapdoor up and it revealed stairs leading down. It was very dark inside, only lit by little blue leds by each steps.

"I am going down, Miku.", I breathed deeply and hurriedly went inside. This is it. Finally, I can touch her, and my loneliness will be quenched.

"Good luck master Kyosuke. I'll see you later!", she said cheerfully.

As I went down, the trapdoor closed with a BANG.

I was startled for a little bit, and I am getting nervous. I went deeper and after a few moments, I am in a dark room where a large supercomputer stood on the center, supplying energy on many metal chambers on all sides of the room.

I walked on the metal chamber close to me and I saw something marked on the door.

01

This is the code of Miku!

I looked at the other chambers and it also has their own codes.

Miku said to me once that they were vocaloids, cyberbetic organisms that matched the humans on every aspects, but their bodies can never degrade like aging. My parents sure have left me something great after all!

I touched the cold metal door on Miku's chamber. This must be where her physical body was.

"Miku, im getting you out of there. And we'll be together, the rest of our lives."

I walked towards the supercomputer. There is a holographic keyboard there, and I will be the one who will encode the final codes for this program.

I took the time to analyze everything on this supercomputer and its codes. It was very complicated, alright.

I kept on analyzing the codes that my parents did on this.. and I was about to give up. There's no way in my life I could do this. The programming codes are too complicated together with its mathematical and logical patterns.

"Damn!"

I clenched my fist and tears welled up in my eyes.

I thought I could finally have Miku on my side. I thought everything was going to be easy.

I looked again at the complex codes and tried to analyze what are the letters and symbols that I should encode to finish the program.

No good at all.

"Kusho! Damdeda.."

I looked again at the chamber of Miku. As I stared at it, I remembered all the cheering that she did before I went here. She said that I already have the knowledge that I need to run and end this program.

She believes in me..

I looked again at the supercomputer and tried to dig deep inside my mind. Now that I think about it, this is what Miku and I have studied for so many months. Although it was just the basics. I remembered the thing that she always told me whenever I cant find the right answers.

"Kyosuke, if you keep on thinking too much searching for answers, you wont be able to find it even if its right in front of you."

Wait! Thats it! Maybe im just thinking too much. Maybe the answer to this programming quiz is very simple.

Or maybe..

The codes are already finished, and my dad intentionally made an error on this program just for me to think about!

And so I started on typing the codes needed, according to my logical reasoning. I also detected so many errors on variables and constants, on arrays, as well as many conditional statements. I changed its values, because some codes contradict with the other. Like, on the programming block of Miku, there is some value of variables encoded that is for someone else.

So logically, not only of Miku Hatsune is this chunk of program is all about.

There are also some vocaloids as well!

I suddenly remembered what Sir Mack told me.

"You are a genius, Kyosuke. I know you can make many friends, and I tell you, you wont regret it."

I smiled at the thought. I almost cried out of excitement of meeting new friends!

I started on coding again and after a while, I think the entire program was now correct.

I was about to hit the debug button when I suddenly remembered what Miku said last night.

"But once you failed on any single code, I will dissapear.."

Shimatta.

What if I fail this? No, I cant back down now. I believe on the skills I inherited from my parents. I believe that I did just the right thing.

Its now or never!