Mental Capacity

Cypher

Did she? Did she just fucking slap me?! As I was recovering from my initial shock, I heard running and my guests whispering. I could feel my body temperature rise the more angry I got. 

Forget.

Everyone looked around confused and then the music started back up. People were grinding, dancing provocatively like they were in a club. I tore away from...whatever her name was and stomped upstairs. That little brat slapped me. Nevaeh slapped...me? What the hell kind of alternate universe did mom and dad bring us to this time? I went in my room and slammed my door. No one could hear it because of the booming music, though. I threw on my Doc Martens and grabbed my black leather jacket. After strategically dodging the randoms in house, I went out the back door through the kitchen. I breathed in and out. In and out. I felt my senses start to kick in and my eyes start to glow auburn. And then the fiery red filter in my eyes showed me a path of footprints. I traveled a good distance away, though they were still within my broadened line of sight. Why am I mad at her? I mean, sure she slapped me but, me and Lucy have been giving her hell since she was born. And only because she wasn't, like us. 

She didn't like to terrorize the other kids on the play ground, she didn't like to kill bugs. She especially didn't like bullying. She befriended pretty much everyone that was bullied by me and Lucy. Our parents knew she was different. They said she was abomination. How could two of the most powerful beings, birth something so....so normal? Simple. Their powerful genes canceled out one another. The doctors even said me and Luce got lucky.

Doesn't matter.

She's just a little girl who's always been jealous of the love our parents gave us. She's going to pay for humiliating me. And I know just the girl to make her.

****************************

"So, let me get this straight? You interupted my...bonding to get me to do your dirty work?" I nodded. "Wow. I must say, Cypher, you're getting better at being evil. It's very attractive." Marquesa smirked and charmed her puppet to forget and disappear.

"Maybe hit me up after you do a little something for me." I said. She smiled.

"So, what can I do for you, baby boy?" I smiled.

"Cute. You remember Nevaeh, right? Anyway, I need you to make something to change her."

"You're funny. You realize that the Boss, himself, banned those things. Right? Next rule I break, it's off with my blades. No blades, no flappy. Sorry, Cy, this thing we have only goes so far." She shrugged and sat down labeling some things and putting them on shelves. Eye of Newt. How ironic.

"Come on, Marquesa. Keep this one thing off the books. I'll pay you back, you know I'm good for it." She dropped her smile and furrowed her brows.

"That may be true, Cy. But, you can't give me the one thing I want." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"That's because what you want makes you weak. You lose focus. Love only makes you stronger if it's through family."

"Fine. Believe what you want. I'll have it ready by Monday. Get out." She pushed me out of the door and slammed it. I rolled my eyes and headed back to the house. 

Nevaeh won't know what hit her.

Seth

I wonder what Vae's dream date would be.

Perhaps in front of a waterfall with lilacs blooming all around. Or maybe a simple picnic in a park. Like the scene from High School Musical. That's probably her favorite movie.