Excitement in Biology Class

24•••Excitement in Biology Class

"Oh my God." I whisper. The music makes my head pound along with my heart. Cliche, I know.

"What?" Dakota tries to look where I'm looking. I feel myself shaking and my eyes prick.

"Look at Faith." I turn around and try and calm down. Breathe. In and out. Just breathe.

"Oh my God." She says. "What the hell is he doing here?" She shouts over the music.

"Astrid," Dakota yells for Astrid to come over.

"Yeah," she smiles.

"Where's Sebastian?" Dakota asks for me. I'm still clutching to her arm. My nails are clawing into her skin.

"He left yesterday for a soccer tournament; he won't be back until tomorrow. I thought you knew that." She says. Astrid looks genuinely confused at our fuss.

"He's dancing with Faith." I point to the dance floor.

"What? That's impossible-"she turns and her mouth falls open. "What is he doing?"

"That's what I'd like to know." I walk over there and tap on his shoulder. He turns around and when he sees me he is speechless.

"Babe, I can explain." He stutters. Sebastian lets go of Faith's hands.

"Don't. Dance with her, for some reason you didn't want to come with me. Maybe one day I'll understand, but how could you?" I take a deep breath. "We're over."

I walk away from him to the side of the gym and through the double doors. I find myself outside. I'm happy the girls let me be, just to be by myself for a moment is what I needed.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the double doors open up. I turn my head slightly and roll my eyes. Of course he would follow me.

"Go away." I wipe my tears with the back of my hand.

"Not until you tell me what that was." He says.

"Me tell you?! You were the one dancing with your ex; I thought you were at some big soccer thing?" I ask.

"It's not that simple." He steps closer to me but I look away from him.

"You lied to me. You were acting weird all week, I knew something was up." I say.

"I love you, August." Sebastian says quietly and my heart drops.

"No you don't." I scoff.

"Yes, I do." He tries to take my hand in his, but I push him away.

"Then why did you this!" I yell at him through tears. "Great now my make up is going to be ruined. What do you feel for me? Before all this happened tell me how you feel. And don't say you love me." I sniffle.

"You don't even know and there aren't words to explain." He says quietly.

"Then try." I say through clenched teeth.

"I feel so much for you. I feel for you the way the moon feels for the sun. How he dies every day so she can live.
How the flower lives for the bee. Because one would die with out the other. And I feel for you the same way."

Cliché.

"Bashie, are you ok?" I roll my eyes. Faith walks over to Sebastian and takes his hand. He clears his throat. I want to shove that nickname down her throat.

"Yeah I'm fine." He doesn't look away from me, but I look away from the happy couple. Faith practically drags him away. I hear the gym door slam and I slide down to the ground.