Chapter 17 - Kylie

Chapter Seventeen – Kylie

*Kylie's POV*

I sat at the edge of his bed and focused my attention on his sleeping face.

"Kylie, you need to rest." Mum said as she walked into Korbin's room.

I shook my head slightly and my eyes never left him. "I want to be here with him."

"It has been two days, Kylie. You have not been resting ever since that day." Mum said worriedly.

"I want to be here when he wakes up, Mum." I tilted my head to the side and faced my mum. "I will not be able to sleep either. I'm worried about Korbin, Mum. He is not waking up."

"He will be fine, Kylie." Mum assured.

"Mum. Mum." My head snapped towards him the moment I heard sounds coming out from him.

"Korbin?" I called out to him. His face was twisted with pain as he called for Auntoe Hailey.

"Korbin. Korbin." I called his name numerous times and tried to wake him up.

"Mum! Mum!" Korbin yelled out loud and started thrashing around.

"Korbin!" I shook his body urgently and hoped he would just open his eyes.

He stretched out his hands suddenly and wrapped them around my neck. Realisation dawned on me.

"Korbin, it's me. Kylie." I said quickly as I felt his hands tightening around my neck.

"Kylie!!" My mum dashed up to us. She held Korbin's arms and tried to help me to break free from his grip.

'It's ok, mum. I got this.' I mind-linked her. I had decided not to be afraid this time. I would not run and hide again.

'Korbin, it's me. Don't be afraid. I'm here with you.' I cooed through the mate link. 'Kylie is here with you.'

I could feel his grip loosened as I continued saying comforting words to him through the mate link. Our mate link was stronger than others because I marked him too. It was rare for females to mark males. It had never happened before. That was the first.

'I'm here.' That was the last thing I said before I saw his eyes snapped opened. His eyes swirled between blue and red, and settled for blue. Korbin sat up and looked between me and mum. Pain and guilt were flashing across his eyes. He shifted himself backwards till he his back hit the headboard and looked away.

"Korbin..." I said as I moved nearer to him.

"No. Don't." He croaked. He lifted up his head slowly and his eyes met mine. Right now, at this moment, the person in front of me wasn't the cold and distance Korbin. Instead, he was just a little boy who needed comfort and love. I moved towards him slowly and when he was within reach, I wrapped my arms around his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'll never leave you again. I promise."

He rested his head on my stomach and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt his shoulders trembled as he sobbed slightly. I leaned closer to him and hugged him tightly in my arms.

"I love you."

.

.

.

.

.

Korbin and I were standing in front of Auntie Hailey's and Uncle Brayden's room. I held his hand and gave it a squeezed. He looked at me and I gave him an encouraging smile. I lifted my hand and knocked on the door. I nodded at Korbin and signaled him to turn the door knob.