Chapter 5 - Korbin

Chapter Five

*Korbin's POV*

Turning on the tap (again), warm water flowed out from the shower. I closed my eyes as I rinsed my hair.

She's so beautiful.

I recalled her small figure. From young, I always had a wish. I wished to grow taller. Till that day when I was taller than her, she would be my bride and I would be her groom. That day had finally arrived but that dream can no longer be possible to fulfill. Her hair had grown so much that it had reached her waist. Her innocently black eyes, which she got it from Uncle Chase, were shimmering under the light. Her little pinkish lips were so inviting and her scent... was so alluring.

'MATE!!' Kyle growled.

'Don't you dare! You were just about to hurt her!' I said unhappily.

'No I'm not! I was just going to hold her only!' Kyle defended.

'With your claws extended?! And you hurt mum!' I yelled at him.

'I didn't mean to hurt mother.' Kyle whined regretfully.

'We are not going anywhere near her.' I declared.

'NO!!' He boomed loudly in mind and caused me a headache.

'I will not take any risk if it involved her safety. This also includes us staying away from her if we are a threat to her.' I said calmly.

'How can we be a threat!! We are her mate!' He protested.

'We will be if we don't control our temper. We will be if we control our strength. We will be if we don't control ourselves every time we see her. It is lucky that mum has the blood of the beast which allowed her to heal faster. But Kylie hasn't even shifted yet! We will leave another scar on her. And I will be damned if we ever hurt her again. And if that time comes, I will never ever be able to forgive myself.' I said sadly.

'We won't be able to stay away from her for long.' Kyle said one last time before disappearing from my mind. I ruffled my hair in frustration and groaned inwardly.

Kylie's birthday was around the corner. And this year, she will turn 16. She will have her wolf. Till then, the mate pull will be so strong and I knew I wouldn't be able to control Kyle. He would definitely want to mark and mate her.

I turned off the tap and stepped out of the bathroom to change into a simple black tee and a jean. I took a deep breath before walking out of my room. I knew she was still in the house because I could smell her.

"You really like Korbin. Ever since young." I heard my mum said.

Oh god. What are they talking about?

"Yes. I like him." I believed I felt my heart stopped when I heard her reply. The 3 words played in my mind over and over again.

I like him.

I like him.

I like him.

I like him.

I pretended that I didn't hear and made my way to the shoe rack. I kept my eyes focused on my shoes. I didn't need to get my hopes high. She might only mean liking me as a childhood friend. But for me, I liked her in a different way. 'Like' was already an understatement of how I felt towards her. The feelings I felt for her was so much more. Her scent was filling up the house and making my mind all fuzzy. I needed to get out of the house. Every second, Kyle was itching to come out so he could claim her. I can't have that happening.