Chapter 21

War is the last resort for most people. People want to keep the peace and let the social injustices just keep doing their thing. That however is not me, I like the fight. I like kicking some ass. I stand for what I believe no matter the consequence.

Whether this seems right or not I am at war. I'm at war with Frank Delano and everyone who wants me dead. I have many battles to fight and an entire war to win.

What the hell did I get myself into?

"Absolutely not," Bruce says with a stern shake of his head.

"Why not," I whine.

"Because we don't kill, Elizabeth that's why," Bruce barks. We stay silence for a minute. I was trying to convince Bruce that eliminating Delano would be key to shutting the chaos down.

But Bruce is all Justice not Vengeance, but some people deserve to die. This guy tried to kill me and still is for all we know.

"So you're going to let this guy destroy Gotham's infrastructure, because that's what men like him do. Gotham is already corrupt no doubt about it, if this guy gets away with this Gotham is going to go to shits real fast," I hiss. Bruce stared at me with no sign of emotion.

Bruce clenched and unclenched his jaw and then pinch the bridge of his nose. Then he sucked in a sharp breath.

"Elizabeth, I understand your concern for Gotham, but we don't kill because it makes us like them. I personally see to it that this man with be put behind bars for good."

"What makes you think he'll stay there? Last time I checked he got out five years early and no one put him back. He needs to be killed. I'm nothing like Delano, I've changed and he is still a psychotic son of a bitch. If you don't put an end to it, then I will," I snapped.

I crossed my arms and perfect timing my father comes in.

"Hey what's with the scowl," My father says.

"It's nothing," I huff.

"She wants to go after Frank Delano and kill him," Bruce says. My father takes his glasses off and rubs his eyes then puts them back on.

"Absolutely not," My father says.

"You can't be serious," I say in an acidic tone, "That man almost killed me and the fact that he is still running around Gotham is very concerning to me."

"What are you saying Elizabeth," My father said as he narrowed his eyes.

"I'm saying I'm you daughter," I walked over to him and poked his chest, "You're supposed to protect me."

"I have been protecting you for the last five years and you have the nerve to be an ungrateful brat," My father spits. My eyes widen did he really say. The look of regret was etched on his face. I started walking away.

"Beth, I didn't mean it," My father said desperately.

"You said it, you meant it." I walked out of the room. I clenched my fists. What a thing to say. Just more the reason to kill Delano. I walk up to my room. I got changed out of my pajamas and into my Panther get up.

I lifted up the mattress and pulled out a sniper that I snuck into the manor when I had to get my stuff from one of the safe houses. I put the sniper in a black duffel bag and slipped on a black hat. I walk out of my room and toward the stairs hoping no one will see me.

I start walking down the stairs, "Hey Sunshine," Well shit.

"Oh hey Peter, what's up?" I ask calmly.