Chapter 5

Stumbling up the front porch steps, I finally made it to my best friends door. I knocked twice before I heard her identifiable scream, “I’m coming! Slow your tits! Gòddamn…”

Upon opening her door, the annoyed look on her face instantly changed to one of worry as she took in my appearance.

“Oh sweetie, what happened?” She asked as she pulled me inside and sat me down on her couch.

What do I tell her? That I through myself at a stranger, one that I don’t even like? That he not only turned me down, he turned me down because I was a virgin. What happened tonight made me feel weak and I couldn’t reveal that to her. Aria is one of the strongest people I know, she has never cried over a boy or showed any pain when other people would be balling her eyes out. Revealing my weak moments to her would be absolutely humiliating, but since she’s my best friend and she’s the only person I can tell these things too.

“Y-y-you know my boss? Spencer Wright?” I mumbled.

She shook her head, “Sweetie, don’t be nervous about this. Just tell me, you know you stutter when you’re nervous.”

I nodded my head and rushed out, “I-tried-to-sleep-with-him-and-he-turned-me-down-because-I’m-a-virgin.” I tucked my hands under my legs and looked down feeling ashamed.

“Auwh sweetie!” She laughed, “That’s nothing to be ashamed of! What’s the real problem?”
“I’m tired of being the girl who everyone just looks over. I’m done with being the girl that people just forget about. I want to be that girl. The one that every guy wants, that every girl wants to be, and the one that everyone wants to be around.” I looked up at her with a desperate plea, “Please, I need a makeover of some sort, I need you to help me.”

She looked at me with sad eyes, “Kady, you’re perfect the way you are. You don’t need to change because of some âsshole. You’re seriously amazing just the way you are now.”

“Please Aria, please.”

“If you really want me to,” She sighed, “I’ll help you. Let’s go upstairs.” She grabbed my hand and led me up to her room.

Entering her room, I was hit by the aroma of apples and cinnamon. Her baby blue walls were covered with pictures of her loved ones and places she wanted to travel to. Her dresser was filled with jewelry and makeup boxes and magazines were piled high in every single corner of her room. Her floor was cluttered in discarded clothing and shoes; it was like a tornado just swept through.

“Did world war 3 happen in here or something? What happened?” I laughed.

She turned around and glared at me, “I couldn’t find my favorite skirt, okay? Don’t criticize my room!”

I put my hands up in surrender and just started laughing harder clutching my stomach.

She shook her head in disapproval, “I’m glad my room could bring your depressing mood up,” She muttered, “get your âss in the shower so we can go to the mall.”

I looked at her incredulously, “It’s 3 in the morning. The mall isn’t even open for another 5 hours.”
“I don’t want you rubbing your makeup all over my bed,” She turned to grab me a towel and added, “It’ll make you feel better too. Just take a warm shower and we can hit the sack for a couple hours then head out, okay?”

I nodded my head and grabbed the big fluffy towels she was handing me. When I entered the bathroom, I gasped when I finally got a look at my face. So this is why she reacted that way when I opened the door.

My face was blotchy and had mascara streaks going down my face. My lipstick was smudged and looked as if it left the lining of my lips hours ago. My eyelashes were clumped together from the tears and resembled spider legs. I sighed; I look like a hot mess, no not even hot, just a flipping mess.