Chapter 10

Engrossed in his first solo art exhibition project in one of the major galleries in Japan, Takumi did not aware how long he have been working in his studio. The sound of caller ringing tone jolted him up. It was Akaike. "Moshi...moshi... sumimasen Akaike-kun. I'm late again," Takumi was flustered as he apologised. He missed his supper date with Akaike. "Daijobu... It's ok my dear. I know you're running out of time. The exhibition will be held in a month. I'm in front of your studio. I'll wait for you," Akaike responded. Takumi washed his hands in hurry, packed his bag and dashed to the stairs. Takumi smiled as he saw Akaike in the car.

As soon as he opened the door to the passenger's seat at the front, Akaike grinned and was lovingly stroking his face. "You looked fatigue and really tired. I assumed you missed your dinner again...hmmm...?" even though his voice seemed calm but Akaike could not concealed the worry note. Takumi beam bashfully caught in red handed. He could never able to lie to this man; the man who have loved him unconditionally. "Gomen neh Akaike-kun," again he was repeatedly apologising. "How long you're going to commute from your apartment to the studio? My apartment is nearer to your studio. No need to use public transport, I can send and fetch you daily. My restaurant is nearby anyway," Akaike persuaded.

Luckily, the sound of Takumi's tummy growl made both of them burst into laughter. The unanswered question was forgotten. "I'm taking you home Takumi. Look at you, all skins and bones. I'll take care of you until the exhibition end," Akaike sternly ordered. Takumi only smiled because he knew, he could never object to whatever Akaike asked him to do. Akaike drove his car and as soon as they arrived home, Akaike quickly reheated the leftovers from his restaurant. Takumi was seated at the dining table and was served his late dinner during long passed supper time. He was obediently eating in silence avoiding Akaike's fiery eyes. With his arms folded upon his chest, he was observing his dear one emptying the plate.

As Takumi finished eating, Akaike stood immediately, stole a peck on Takumi's right cheek and took the plate away to the sink. Takumi was not surprised at all because once in a while, he allowed that special man to show his affection only to that extent. It was out of guilt for not able to return his one sided love towards him. He slowly stood up and took his mug to the kitchen and washed it at the sink next to Akaike. "Arigatou Akaike-kun for the meal," he said. "This is not the first time you miss your meal Takumi. Please take good care of your health," his voice sounded melancholic. "Gomen neh... I'll sure be careful and take good care of my health after this," he was sheepishly apologising.

Takumi moved silently and helped Akaike drying the dishes. Once in a while Akaike would glance towards the pitiful man next to him. Even after three years Gii had passed away, Takumi still couldn't forget Gii. His heart is full with Gii, he could never able to penetrate the thick cold wall inside his heart. He treated him nicely as usual but never allowed him to invade more.

"Takumi... please... Pack your clothes tomorrow. I'll fetch you and the last one month, I'll be taking care of you." Akaike pleaded.

Takumi was speechless and lost in his own thought trying his might to get the best solution. He knew, Akaike will forever pestering and worrying about his safety and whether he ate or not. He hated to make Akaike like that after so many things he had done for him. Their relationship is always like that after the tragedy. Akaike had become his fairy god mother or father. He chuckled when a female Akaike with white wings appeared in his mind.

"Hey... what are you thinking...hmmm. Mind sharing the amusement with me," Akaike nudged him and tousled his raven hair.

"Nothing... I'll stay with you until I have finished the preparation for the exhibition. Are you sure I'm not a burden? You should find yourself a girlfriend instead of taking care of me..." Takumi smiled as he responded to Akaike's inquiry.