27 // real life

"can we just stay like this forever?" Crystal said as grant cuddled her. "I wish" then grant laughed. the room went silent again but then it was broken by crystal,"I'm so glad we put our phones down for a while. it's been really nice talking to you and cuddling with you." grant smiled brightly,"I couldn't agree more, reed."

Crystal released from Grant's reach and sat criss cross apple sauce on the hotel bed,"hey, so I auditioned for this movie and I got the lead female role!" Grant smiled so big,"oh my god! that's awesome! what movie?" Crystal said excitedly,"it's called About Us." Grants mouth dropped open,"you've got to be kidding me. I auditioned for the lead male role and got it." Crystal got up off the bed in shock,"wait, does that mean we have to kiss?" grant said without hesitation,"we can kiss and just be friends, Crystal, it'll be okay. I promise. and we like each other, so it couldn't be that bad." crystal panicked,"i hate this! I hate being friends!" and then suddenly, grant grabbed crystal's face and kissed her.

"grant...I-I" Crystal tried to find words to make a sentence but grant shushed her,"it's okay. I know it's hard being just friends, I get that, I love you too, but I think it's better for us both if we just stayed friends. it's been a rough day for us both, you wanna go to bed?" Crystal sighed,"I just wanna walk on the beach." Grant started to get up,"no, grant, you stay here, I'll be back soon." Crystal grabbed a flashlight off of the table and left the hotel room. but grant followed her onto the beach without her knowing. it was about 7:00 at night so there was still a hint of daylight. but it was getting colder and the wind blew.

"it's cold out here, take my jacket." grant said walking up next to Crystal, tired of following behind her. "grant! what're you doing out here?" grant shrugged his shoulder and stuck his hands in his pockets,"I didn't wanna loose you again I don't want that to ever happen again." Crystal put grants jacket on and then walked at the shoreline, the water just barely touching her feet. "so, what do you wanna do tomorrow?" grant said starting another conversation. Crystal turned to him,"let's explore. find new things. see new places." grant smiled and looked Crystal in the eyes,"that's what I'm talking about!"