Trust

Envy towered above Hughes. Hughes looked up at him, his eyes full of pity, as if he was staring at a broken child on the side of a curb.

"Envy, please. Change back to your human form and answer why you researched humans," Hughes said calmly looking up at Envy.

"LIES! I WON'T CHANGE BACK! YOU'LL KILL ME ON THE SPOT!"
Envy yelled staring down at him his eyes full of rage and despair. Then without a second thought Hughes took a few steps back and took out his knives and gun, and tossed it to the side into the snow.

"I'm unarmed," Hughes said holding his empty hands up, "Now please, answer our questions."

Envy looked down at Hughes form, his emotions shifting to disbelief. Roy on the other hand instantly went on defensive, also in disbelief at Hughes's insane actions.

What the hell is he doing? Why did he just give out his only defense. He should know I could easily squash him like the bug he is...

"I'm not going to say it again, please transform back into a human and answer my question," Hughes said calmly. Envy stood there motionless. Why...? Why is he trusting me? Why him  out of all people... I threatened him, his family, everything he loved. And here he is standing here before me. Facing the monster I am, the monster who has slaughtered thousands and is made out of helpless souls. And he stands here before me, trusting that I won't squash him. He's risking everything. To trust me?
So... Should I trust him...?

Envy stared down at Hughes, his eyes still full of pity. Envy dared to do the worst and slowly transformed back to a human. He straightened up facing Hughes, wearing his military uniform but still in the appearance of his normal self. His long hair falling down over his shoulders, as he looked at Hughes straight in the eyes, his violet eyes showing mixed emotions.

"Now answer our question," Hughes stated.
Why was... I researching humans...?
Because...
Envy looked at Hughes, his posture starting to crumble. It was like all the weight of the world was suddenly put onto the homunculi's back.
I... Wanted... No... I can't admit my weakness...
"No..." Envy started, he hid his eyes not wanting to show anymore emotion.
Loneliness...
Broken promises...
Fake identities...
A life of
Lies...

"I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE! MY WHOLE LIFE USED TO BE A TASK, MY SIBLINGS NEVER KNEW HOW TO CARE! IT WAS LIKE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID! EVERYDAY I'LL SEE HUMANS LIVING LIVES! I TOOK THAT ALL AWAY FROM THEM FOR SELF CONFIDENCE! DIGGING FARTHER AND FARTHER INTO MY OWN HOLE OF LIES! Now... With everyone dead.. Trust is something I shouldn't deserve... I should've just been killed like the rest. I shouldn't have been given a chance. I'm a monster that needs to be killed. I'm pitiful I'm weak. I'm looked down upon by even a mere human like you..." Envy broke, he was near tears, barely able to keep his posture.

"Envy," Hughes said looking down at Envy, who's form was crumpled on the ground. Envy looked up at him, his eyes full of sadness, weakness, and pain.

"I'll be your equal, I'll treat you as a friend, and I'll show you how society works."

Envy stared up at Hughes in disbelief, while Roy was just in complete shock, 

"How do you know... I can trust you. And how do you trust me...? I threatened your family... I..." Envy started, but was soon cut off by Hughes reaching out his hand to Envy.

"If I can trust you, you should be able to trust me."

"I... Sorr... Thank you..." 

With that Envy reached out his hand, Hughes taking his and pulling Envy off the ground.

"What the hell is wrong with him..." Roy muttered shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Now lets get some crappy Briggs coffee," Hughes lightly smiled heading back towards the giant wall, called Briggs Fortress. 

~:Author's Note:~

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES! D: I totally left you all off on a cliff hanger! But here's the next chapter, sorry it's so short! I've had a lack of inspiration. But feel free to comment if I should continue the series! I'm so sorry once again!