Going Places

Envy flopped back into his chair and leaned back. I can't believe he wanted to look at my notes. He looked over at the notebook he set aside. Strange... I swore I put my pen in the binding... Envy sighed and continued to lay back in his chair. This is so comfortable. Unlike the concrete I sleep on every night or the hard wooden benches.

Envy looked over at the notebook and picked it up. I guess I could take some notes... He opened the notebook in the middle to some blank pages and looked over at the new files he found recently. Well time to go back to research... Envy became so into his notes didn't even notice Hughes walk out of the office.

A Few Hours Later

Ugh finally... So, they have deep connections to those around them? So they will be more self sacrificing... I picked up on that easily though... Some are actually heartless... They are all different, which I know. But WHY do they have to be THIS complicated! I mean, just by reading this I've learned that making a friend is hard but geez! HUMANS ARE SO MESSED UP!

"Hey I'm back, sorry I had some other work to do," Hughes said as he entered the room closing the door behind him.

Wait... he was gone this whole time? Dammit! Why didn't I pay attention?!

"Oh hey..." Envy replied unhappily. He closed the notebook and set it to the side.

"So where did you go?" Envy asked.

"Just went to drop some papers off that's all," Hughes said warily.

"Mhm, okay," Envy sighed, letting it go. It's not like he was gonna tell me the truth anyways...

Three Days Later

"We are going to Briggs?!" Envy asked Hughes shocked, sitting in his chair. I've already lost my previous notes... Now we're going to Briggs! How am I ever going to find the damn notebook if I'm all the way in Briggs?

"Yup, that's where we are going," Hughes replied closing shut one of his files and putting it into his desk. 

"So what's the reason why we're going to Briggs?" Envy asked Hughes curiously.

"We're going to Briggs because the military is still worried about that message we decoded, so we're heading back... again." 

"If you say so..." Envy replied looking off into the distance. Back to freezing, boring, yucky coffee Briggs... Oh joy...

*Author's Note*

So sorry for not updating in such a long time! I'm also sorry for this very short chapter! So Envy and Hughes are heading off to Briggs! I just needed to start off like this! The next part is going to be very long, also if you want to know the REAL reason why, check out SnakeBite01's story in Hughes's perspective! Remember to leave a comment on how you think so far! Thanks!