Keeping a Lookout

Later That Day

Okay, I have to watch out here, especially over Hughes, if he tells ANYONE, I'm as good as dead. Envy snuck into Central Headquarters, swapping from solider to solider until he made it to the intelligence devision.

"Welcome, Pion," Hughes said darkly as Envy entered disguised as a military officer.

"Hello, would you mind if I looked at some of these files?" Envy asked holding up a few folders.

"Not at all," Hughes said, glaring at Envy. Envy took a seat in the corner of the room and began to read the files. Envy every so often glanced up at Hughes to make sure he wasn't trying to pull anything. Envy looked down at the files, they were about human behavior.

"Hey Hughes, can I have one of your notebooks?" Envy asked looking up at him.

"Sure, here take this one," Hughes said taking out a notebook from his many cabinets, he gave it to Envy and returned to his desk. Envy opened the notebook to see nothing written inside it, he took out a pen and started to jot down notes. Why do they have to be so complicated, I mean come on, it's obvious that you'd run away from a monster for your own survival, even if it does mean you have leave everyone else behind. The whole point is to keep surviving... Envy shrugged and continued to read through them, jotting down notes there and there. Then Hughes suddenly got up.

"Hey, I need to go do some things, you can go eat lunch or something like that," he said collecting some of his documents.

"Can I come with? I think meeting new people would be a good opportunity for me," Envy said getting up. Hughes sighed,

"Okay fine, you can come with."

Envy smirked and then allowed Hughes to lead the way as they left the office. He followed Hughes and took note of everyone who he saw. Once they entered the cafeteria they both went in line to get food. Once they got their trays Hughes led him to a spot next to Roy and his group. What is this bastard planning?

"Hey Roy," Hughes greeted as he sat down next to him.

"Hey Hughes," Roy smiled, "So who's this new guy?"

"Oh, this is Pion," Hughes said as Envy sat on the other side of Hughes.

"Hello," Envy said blankly, unwilling to start any conversations with Roy or Hughes.

"So, I was thinking we could meet at Madame Christmas's tonight," Hughes said turning to Roy.

"Yeah that'd work, I have nothing planned for tonight, how about around seven o'clock?" Roy responded.

Oh great already planning on telling the big guns? Well you better watch it, you better know your family is on the line! Oh well, at least I know where and when it'd be, all I have to do is show up and Hughes should be able to take the hint. I need to get back to my notes. The more I know about humans, the better it'd leave me off at. Manipulation is my only strength now.