It Hurts

THAT BASTARD! Hughes, that son of... YOU'RE DEAD!

Envy stood there in rage, his face was distorted in pure hatred and anger.

"You..." Envy managed to scoff glaring at Hughes and Roy. Hughes returned the same look to Envy and asked,

"Why were you researching humans, Envy?"

"Why the hell should I tell you?" Envy snarled clenching his fist.

"I will use these against you, I will show you no mercy," Roy said pulling his hand out of his pocket to reveal his flame alchemy glove.

"Tsk..." Envy scowled, "Why do you two need to know anyways? It's not like researching humans is going to affect you two in any way."

"It may or may not, we don't know, and you're the last person we will be able to trust, so tell us." Hughes said sternly.

"Yeah right," Envy said rolling his eyes. Roy nodded to Hughes, Hughes then quickly pulled out a knife and flicked it into Envy's shoulder.

"OWWW!" Envy yelped jumping back while pulling the knife out of the newly created wound. He tossed the knife to the side, his wound slowly healing.

"Look at you," Roy scoffed, "You're weak, so you tried to use Hughes to get you another philosopher's stone. But why him? You could have easily have chosen someone else. Now tell us why you took those notes, and why Hughes was your number one pick."

"Um.. Ugrh.." Envy managed to stutter, unknowing what to say. I can't let them know... Why can't everything be easy... I don't want to be like this... I don't want to go out in flames... I'm not ready to die...

"Tell us now," Roy said sternly, raising his hand. Envy took a few steps back, he looked more afraid now than anything. No... I can't... I don't want to...

"Now," Roy said putting his hands in position. NO! NO! NO! Envy took even a few more steps back, his face of pure horror, he didn't want to die now. He didn't want to burn to ashes in such a pathetic, cold, wasted way.

"NO!" Envy screamed, he then turned into his monster form. He grew to his immense size, the faces of the helpless souls emerging from his neck and body. His arms extended into giant multiple arms, his eyes both different. He towered above the two, in his green reptilian form.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" Envy cried out, his cry echoing off of the mountains... don't want to die.. to die...

Roy looked up at Envy in his monstrous form and scoffed

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Roy looked up at Envy in his monstrous form and scoffed. Hughes looked at Envy, with a hint of pity.

"HOW DARE YOU TWO LOOK AT ME!" Envy roared swinging his tail back and forth angrily, though he made no move to attack.

"HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME FOR WHAT I AM?! HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT ME WITH PITY IN YOUR EYES?! HOW DARE YOU THINK OF ME AS TRASH?!" Envy roared.

Roy readied his hand to finish off Envy but then Hughes lifted up his hand and pushed Roy's down.

"I got this..." Hughes said to Roy. Taking a few steps forward, looking up at Envy's monstrous form. Hughes took in a deep breath and looked up at Envy who's emotions were obviously crippling.

"Envy..." Hughes sighed looking up at the monstrous form towering above him.

"What do you want you pitiful fool," Envy snarled thrashing his tail, in rage and in desperation.

"You need to calm down and tell us why you researched humans," Hughes said.

"NEVER!" Envy yelled slamming his tail on the ground causing snow to fly up into the air.

Roy looked over at Hughes worried, Envy could easily crush Hughes like a bug, why is Hughes even standing that close to him?

"Envy..." Hughes said trying to calm him down which was clearly not working at the moment. Envy thrashed some more in obvious pain, his emotions were crumbling and breaking him apart from the inside. All I've ever been is lonely, I was the only one who would attempt to even try to care about my siblings. My father thought me as a pawn, that could be easily thrown away like trash. My siblings could care less if I died. I don't want to be like this, I wasn't meant for this. I'm a monster. I'm a fake human. I could never show my true feelings and if I did they would be thrown aside like trash just like how it was before. I'm a giant monster, and there's nothing left for me. Why am I even trying to continue to live? Why can't I just be dead like the rest of my siblings? Why was I the one who was given the chance to still live...? I may be given a second chance... I may have a bit of something to chase after... But what....? But... I can't move on. Not like this...

Envy roared in fury and confusion but managed to yell out in his desperation,

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE."