I'm Back

He stood waiting at the train station for Hughes. Hurry up you little runt, I'm not going to stand here all day...

"Hello, I'm here!" Hughes greeted, walking up to him.

"Oh good you made it, now follow me inside," he replied, beckoning Hughes to follow him inside the train.

"Put your stuff in the back and meet me in this room," he remarked pointing to where Hughes should but his luggage. As Hughes went to put his luggage away he turned and entered the small room where Hughes and him would be in for the train ride. I'll have to confront him later, I can't here even if it's just the two of us. If I did I'd have to deal with the rest of the people on this train. Once Hughes got back, they both sat in the room quietly. Neither of them felt the need to start a conversation. Come on, only a few more hours until Central. If only this damn train could go faster.

~~~

"Welcome to Central," the train conductor announced.

"Ugh, finally," he groaned, cracking his neck. Hughes only nodded and got out of the room to collet his luggage.

"Hey Hughes, I was told to lead you back to Central HQ but I had to show you something on the way there," he said after Hughes got back with his luggage.

"Alright, if you say so," Hughes said somewhat confused. He led the way, weaving through the mass of people at the train station. Making sure Hughes was still behind him on the way. He continued to lead him through Central, his direction was somewhat towards HQ.

"So where are you taking me?" Hughes asked, walking up next to him.

"I'm not supposed to say until we get there," he said sternly. Hughes looked at him curiously but continued to follow his lead anyways, unsure of what was going to happen. He led him into an empty alleyway near an unpopulated area.

"What is this about?" Hughes asked cautiously, easily catching on to what's going on.

"Easy... All you need to do is gather information on the stone, and also a handful of people who can be made into one," he smirked evilly.

"And why would I do that? I could easily take you down right here and now. I'm even a higher rank than you. I don't have to take any orders from you," Hughes said unamused.

"Oh really?" he laughed, "I would be watching what you say, because you're putting your family on the line, Hughes," he smirked.

"What do you mean...?" Hughes asked slowly pulling a knife out.

"Just do me a favor and cooperate with me, okay...? I don't wanna fight," he said unhappily.

"Why do YOU need the stone out of all people, and why do you think you can just threaten my family like that?" Hughes asked unhappily. Damn he's pushy...

"Because Hughes, you do the work, and then I won't hurt anyone!" he replied.

"Like I said before, I can easily take you out. You're no threat to me," Hughes said darkly.

"Ha! No threat? Are you underestimating me, human fool?!" he laughed.

"Who do you even think you are?" Hughes asked impatiently.

"Well, all I'm asking is you get me some research on the Philosopher's stone. That's about it," he said obviously trying to get to the point.

"I'm not going to get research for you, I don't know what you want to do with it but it's obviously not something good. So I am defiantly NOT going to help YOU!" Hughes said, he slowly backed away.

"Where do you think you're going?" he said, walking up and getting closer to Hughes.

"Now do you really need me to go kill your family over this, Hughes?" he asked annoyed. Hughes fed up with this flicked his knife at him nailing him in the shoulder.

"Oww, damn it you..." he grunted. He then pulled out the knife and threw it aside. His wound slowly regenerating. Hughes went bug eyed.

"Wait, how did you do that...?" Hughes asked suddenly getting very worried.

"I really wanted to do this the easy way but you leave me with no choice," he sighed. He then transformed himself, but not completely.

"Wait, what, you are... ENVY?!" Hughes cried out in complete shock.

"Heheheh! I'm baaaaack!" Envy laughed, smiling evilly.

"No way..." Hughes said in shock staring at Envy.

"Aww is there something wrong, cat gotcha tongue?" Envy smirked. 

"I thought you were dead, along with the others," Hughes said.

"Humans, they underestimate a homunculi's power... Anyways, back to the point. I need you to research the Philosopher's stone for me," Envy stated, rushing right back to the point.

"Why ME out of all people?" Hughes asked confused.

"Well, you work in the intelligence devision, and I need someone like you to do that for me. But don't think I'll be letting you off the hook that easily," Envy said, still smiling evilly.

"So what are you going to do..." Hughes asked coldly.

"I will always be watching, remember that. All you need to do is get the information. And no one gets hurt. Oh, wait, and as an added bonus. You allow me to look through anything I want to. Got it? I get unlimited resources, and you study and gather more information on the Philosopher's stone," Envy said.

"So, I have to do all of this, so my family and no one else gets hurt?" Hughes questioned, looking at Envy untrustworthy of what he has to say.

"Yup, and don't underestimate me. If you tell anyone, say goodbye to your family. You got the deal right?" Envy asked, glaring at Hughes.

"Yes, I got it, I'll do it, just for my family's sake," Hughes said somewhat bowing his head.

"Perfect, now remember, I'll always be watching," Envy declared, and with that he turned, then glanced back at Hughes who was glaring at Envy. This human better listen to me... I don't have a lot of time left... So if you betray me then I'll betray you, you have my word. Horrible insect...