Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning, groggy. Maybe, there's a chance it was all just a nightmare?

"She's awake!" I heard someone say.

I got up from the bed in the medic bay of the Cortex, and went to where everyone was waiting for me. Cisco, Caitlyn, and Barry were there. Iris and Joe had just left for work, me only seeing their backs as they left in a hurry.

It all looked normal, calm even. Like nothing in the atmosphere or world had changed.

Barry was the first to look at me, and I knew at that moment that it wasn't a dream. It was my painful reality.

I started making my way towards the open Cortex door, fists already clenched and ready to meet that bastard Eobard's face, but I was stopped.

"We're trying to come up with a plan of action before we do anything rash, so I think you should stay here and let us figure out a way to stop him first." Barry said, sensing my motives for wanting to go out.

"You can't expect me to do nothing while he has Eddie... and my Aunt! She's the closest thing to a mother I've had since mine died! I can't lose her too..." I screamed, my eyes filled with burning tears.

He brought me in for a hug, and I cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry for yelling." I said, wiping my cheeks.

"I get it, and we're all here for you. We're a team, and we'll get through this if we stick to each other. We're all in this together." He said, straightening his tear-stained sweatshirt.

"Did you just quote High School Musical?" I smiled.

"Maybe... but at least I made you smile." He said blushing, but still grinning back at me.

"I called us both in sick today, so don't worry about heading to Jitters." He said, and I was relieved. I was going to say something, but was cut off by Cisco.

"Guys, there's a robbery in progress at a jewelry store not too far from here." Cisco said, looking at the ping on his computer.

"That's our cue!" Barry said as we suited up, and he sped us to the location. Even though Eobard is on the loose, the crimes in this city still need attention. It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

We rushed inside, seeing a meta stuffing jewels in a potato sack.

"What did you say this guy's powers were?" Flash asked through the com in his ear.

"I didn't." Caitlyn replied.

"What should we do to take him out when we don't know his abilities? I don't exactly wanna die today, Caitlyn." Flash asked.

"Uhh... I'm working on that.." she responded. The meta was unaware of our presence, busying himself with the gems in front of him.

"Well he's still human, right? I'll just use my fists to take him out." I said, cracking my knuckles.

"Supergirl no!" Flash said, but it was too late. I flew at the meta, ready to punch the smug face that was hiding behind his black mask, landing one good punch before being flung into a wall by a metal desk.