4

Dashurie
November 16, 2016

"Alright D im gone. See you later baby sister," my brother Deshaun said kissing my forehead.

"See you. drive safe Shaun."

"I will,"

"Try to make me a niece or nephew!" I said before he closed the front door.

I frowned as I watched him drive away from the living room window. He had just left for a date with some girl and I was gonna be bored for the rest of the night.

About two months had past since the fight with my birth giver. When I left her house that day, I caught a cab to Deshaun's house.

I exited the cab with my belongings and walked up the driveway. Standing in front of the door, I knocked a few times until he answered.

"Who is it?" his deep voice said from the other side.

"Dashurie,"

"Hey baby sist-- what the fuck happened to your face?!" he opened the door with a huge smile but instantly became angry.

"Sheila," I mumbled, tears threatening to fall from the corner of my eyes.

He didn't say anything. He just pulled me into a warm, well needed hug.

I automatically wrapped my arms around him, finally letting out all of the tears I'd been holding in for what seems like forever.

A day or so after my unannounced arrival, we talked about what happened and he immediately called his lawyer about family court. He was filing for full custody of me.

He said we would need evidence of the damage she had done so that the judge would have some type of visual evidence.

We took pictures of my face and all the cuts and bruises that were on my body. 

After the incident I missed about two weeks of school so my face could heal. During the first week, I wasn't talking to anyone but Deshaun.

Mel and Cassidy were blowing my phone up, but I didn't want to be bothered with anyone; so I just turned my phone off until I was done feeling sorry for myself.

When I finally decided to text Mel back, he cussed me out so bad. But I felt where he was coming from.

I hadn't talked to him in a week, and when he went to my house looking for me, the only response he got from my mom was "she ain't here."

He even asked Dj when he saw him at school had he heard from he and he would tell him no as well. Anybody he asked told him they hadn't seen or talked to me and I knew he was worried sick.

I had just got off the phone with Mel from telling him what happened with my mom.

Once I finally told him where I was, he came over within the next 10 minutes.

"Aye im outside," he said when I answered the phone.

"Okay," I responded walking down the stairs.