2

Dashurie Breton
September 20, 2016

Dashurie (Albanian)

- The name Dashurie is of Albanian origin.

- The meaning of Dashurie is "intimacy, liaison, love".

For the 10th time this school year, I sat in the school library during my lunch hour reading about my name online.

"How could someone name their child something that means love, but not love their child?" I muttered with a low chuckle  shaking my head.

"What sense does it make to do such a thing?" I thought.

Sighing heavily as the bell rang, I closed the tab, logged out of the computer, and headed back to fifth period.

I walked in the gym, heading straight towards the bleachers.

"Dashurie!"

I looked up and began smiling once I saw my bestfriend Cassidy waving me over. After stopping and having brief conversations with a few other people that I was cool with, I finally made my way towards her.

"Hey boo," she says hugging me.

"Hey, what you doing in here? Aren't you supposed to be at lunch?"

"yeah, but the auditorium was dead and iann wanna go in the cafeteria."

I nodded. "Youu texted Tyler back yet?" I asked, hoping she would say no.

"Thats what I had to show youu. Girl look," She said shoving her phone in my face.

I grabbed the phone, moving it back as I read the messages. Looking at the top of the screen, the contact was saved as T💍 making me stale face her.

"Really Cass? I thought we already talked about this," I said disappointed.

"D youu know I love him. He's my first love, I can't just let him go after a petty mistake."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes as she began making excuses for him.

This so called "petty mistake" wasn't something that happened only one time, and it wasn't something that I would only be mad about for a few hours either. I wish I would let a dude call me out my name then run back to him like nothing happened.

But he was her first real boyfriend and she was blinded by love. Poor child didn't know any better. She was my bestfriend and I really felt for her, but after so many failed attempts to get her to realize that Tyler was a ain't shit nigga.. I just gave up trying.

I had known Tyler since the sixth grade, and he was like a big brother to me. But no matter how close I was to him, I would never allow him to break her heart and ruin her life like he did the females of his past. Hopefully one day she'll finally see his true colors.

"Dashurie, please don't be mad at me. Im trying to do better, I really am."

"Whatever Cass," I had grew tired of her, so I just got on snapchat.