ch.11

Chapter Eleven

"Uncle John?" I asked and had no return. " What is it?" " what would you do if someone liked you and you liked them back but you're not supposed to because it is illegal and you're in a relationship?" he was quiet for a few minutes thinking of what I had just said. " well Miranda you and Mr. Taylor are both adults you.." " wait." I cut him off in mid-sentence. " how did you know it was about me and Mr. Taylor?'' " Miranda I saw you sitting with Mr. Taylor and every time you have detention it's with him and I saw the way you looked at him when you were talking tonight." "What do you mean?" " Miranda you're a good girl you make yourself out to be a hard-ass punk when you're not. and your face lit up like lighting when you talked to him but when you told him you couldn't be together your face grew with sadness and your heart broke like you wanted to cry."

"How did you know I told him that we couldn't be together?" " I can read lips I am partly def." " oh right." " but baby I just want you to know that if you choose him I as well as your mother and father will be proud of you because you following your heart but I am still proud right now because you know the consequences." " Thanks, Uncle John." we arrived home and I went inside. I went up to my room and went to sleep.

~ 2 DAYS LATER~

the weekend passed and I was at school when I was pulled into a hallway. " forget something?" he handed me my phone. " yes but if you ever try to do that shit with me again I will punch you in the face so hard you will black out to next week!" I was furious with Jackson he knew I wanted to wait for sex but he still tried anyway. " babe come on!" " no don't babe me Jackson we are done!" I walked away and into Mr. Taylor's class. Jackson didn't dare come here because he knew that if he tried anything Mr. Taylor would be here.

" hey Miranda nice to see you here early." I rolled my eyes and sat down. "what's wrong?" he came over and squatted down in front of the desk I was sitting at. " I broke up with him." "Jackson?" " yeah." " why what happened I thought you... I thought you liked him," he said really quietly on the last part it killed him to say those words.

" I thought I did but I don't and never did but he tried to have sex with me when he knew I didn't want to and he proceeds to do it anyway!" "It's ok Miranda." he rubbed my arm. " I was so stupid for saying yes," I said quietly. he leaned in to hear me better when I lifted up my head and kissed Drew's soft lips. he kissed me back until I let go at the sound of the bell. I went to my first class.

the day passed by quickly and it was now lunchtime. I went over to Tilly and Lizzie but Lizzie was pissed off at me and was ignoring me. " hey guys." I said with a smile. " hey." Tilly replied back to me. " Lizzie?" she ignored me. "what's wrong what did I do?" she still didn't answer or look at me. " Lizzie is mad at you for god knows what." Tilly turned to me and said. "I'm mad at you because you broke up Jackson for no reason!" " what the hell do you mean no reason?! he tried to have sex with me i said no and he still tried to do it so I left his house and dumped him today!"

by now I was angry at Lizzie and people started to stare. " you know what Lizzie it is people like you who made me not want any friends and I broke my wall but now thanks to you I don't want friends anymore and all of you can go fuck off!" I got up and walked away. I heard people whispering about what had just happened and I ignored it. I went to Mr. Taylor's class since I had him next.

" hey, Miranda." my anger went away all of a sudden and a smile perked up on my face. Maybe Dad was right I am happier around Drew. " hi." I sat in my seat laid my head on my hand and looked out the tinted windows. " what's wrong?" " nothing." " you can tell me we have been through enough to where you can tell me." " well Lizzie got mad at me for breaking up with Jackson which she said was for no reason but you know why I dumped him and I got angry and I already have anger issues so I told her and the rest of the people at lunch I don't want friends anymore and they can all fuck off."