Ch.5

Chapter Five

After the bell had rung for the end of the sixth period, I sauntered over to Mr. Taylor's classroom near the front gates. the door was locked and the lights were off. I took a seat on the cement block bench in front of the class windows waiting for him to return. 5 minutes go by and I start to decide to leave but just as I get up and walk away I hear a familiar voice ask me a question. " where are you going, Miranda?" Mr. Taylor calls out to me and I stop, turning around slowly and giving a weak smile. he ushers me to follow him and I trace closely behind once the door is opened. with my bag strap in my hand, I go to toss it onto a desk nearby when Mr. Taylor catches it and then gently places it onto the desk I aimed for. no words were exchanged and I stared watching his every move carefully. he only stood a foot away from me, I could feel a fire burning in me and it felt like this could be now or never. I take my chance and step closer to him. His green hazel orbs followed my gaze as I now stood in front of him inches away and looked up as he stood at 5'11 and me at 5'5.

"Miranda-" he pauses. using my tiptoes I reach to his face and kiss him. I wrap an arm around his neck and pull him down to my height a little more. his hands hang onto my waist pressing me against himself. he kissed me back holy fuck. his lips pull away from mine and my eyes flutter open, his gaze studies my face and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"is something wrong?" his voice was gentle. I pondered, staring at him. so many words in my brain, and yet it felt stuck in my chest.

"um.. no, not at all." I rushed realizing I hadn't said a word in a few minutes.

"you sure? you seem lost in thought." Drew persisted, it was only when he pulled my hips closer to his that I realized he was still holding onto me.

"I assure you nothing is wrong, just have a lot going on lately and this is huge."

"what's huge?" I looked at him dumbfounded. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"don't play. you know what I'm talking about. I want it to keep going, it's fun but I'm worried something bad is going to happen." I looked out the window, waiting as if someone was going to bust in and tell us we'd been caught.

"I mean how do you think I feel I would be in far more trouble than you'd be, you'd be looked at as a victim when that's not what this is." his voice was gentle yet stern, and I nodded sheepishly. taking a sharp inhale I play with my nails. " can I ask you something?" I said to him without making eye contact. I could feel my heart begin to race rapidly.

"anything." he placed a kiss on the back of my hand that he held.

"is this all just for sex? To get your kick off a legal high schooler?" I bit my lip till it bleeds as an act of my anxiety. when I finally looked up at his face, he looked taken back. he searched my eyes as if waiting for me to say I was joking. he adjusted himself on the desk and cleared his throat.

" Miranda, the time I've gotten to know you has been fun, I like your personality. you're a beautiful young girl and I don't want to do anything you're not comfortable with. I would like to get to know you more outside of school grounds but that would mean going out of town so no one sees."

"If you're willing to put forth that kind of effort to be with me then I can do the same. if at any point there is suspicion we just have to stop seeing each other for a bit except school, this means little to no detention," I smirk at him at the end.

"you won't make it easy will you?" he meekly smiled as I slowly shook my head 'no.' with a villainous laugh, he pulled me in for a hug and we stood there for a minute in each other's arms.

"Okay miss we got like 20 minutes left of detention so let's try to crack out some homework okay?" Drew asks giving me a quick peck and grabbing my butt. I took my papers out and drew which helped me figure out the math problems I'd been stuck on all day and the English paper I needed to proofread. it was hard to focus on my work and him explaining everything to me because all I wanted to do was just get on the desk and start macking on him. his touch lit a spark in me more than the sky on the fourth of July.

after like 15 minutes of explaining my math work I stopped him from talking by stealing a kiss from him, "Miranda focus," he chuckled. I wedged myself in between him and the desk pressing our groins against each other, just before we could get any more into it a sudden unlocking sound from the door startled us both and we jumped into a position where we had both leaned over the desk on opposite sides as if we were just reviewing the paper. when the door opened the teacher from the other side of the building walked in.

"Sorry y'all I didn't know you were studying in here i just didn't wanna walk all the way around." she quickly skipped outside of the room into the pod and back to her class. drew and I exchanged looks and laughed.

"I think that's enough for today don't you think?" he smirks at me taking a glance at my cleavage.

"not really but distance makes the heart grow fonder no?" I playfully remark as I bend down and grab my backpack that ended up on the floor somehow.

"let me grab my things and I'll walk you out." he half jogs to his desk loads his laptop and papers into his briefcase and adjusts himself before walking out of the room with me.

"remember you can only walk me so far, don't be sus okay?" I joke. he waves me off at the sidewalk before the parking lot and turns around to the office. I waved 'goodbye' to Drew and once I was settled in with the car I drove through the neighborhood until he and the school disappeared.

upon entering my home I was greeted with a warm, busy atmosphere. dan sat in the living playing a video game called 'Overwatch' with his buddies. I caught a glimpse of Aaron in the kitchen scavenging for something to appease him.

"where's mom?" I asked no one in particular. After getting no response, I dropped my things before heading to the kitchen to speak to Aaron more clearly.

"didn't you hear me talking to you guys?" I asked a little irritated. crossing my arms I waited for his response.

"huh?" his head snaps towards me revealing a basic ham and cheese sandwich hanging from his mouth. I took this time to see what else he had in his hand. a capris, a bag of chips, a personal bag of Oreos, a cup of water, and a bowl of grapes.

"you are ridiculous. where is mom?" I laughed.

"on her way home. By the way, you never saw me eat any of this." he bolted for his room carrying everything as if he was an experienced waiter.

" she'll notice! She is the one who does groceries!" I yell as his door slams.

rolling my eyes I grabbed a bowl of fruit and water. taking my things to the couch I rip my headset off Dan's head and start talking to his friends. a couple of his friends freaked out about a girl like normal dweebs do, and others were probably my age or older and were pretty chill. I ate my fruit the door open, greeting my mom as she walked inside. just as I handed back the headphones to my brother the family laptop rang. I went over to it and answered the unknown call on Skype.

" Hey Miranda," I screamed in shock starting to cry as I put my hand over my mouth. dan looked over as mom came out of the kitchen to see what was up. aaron heard some commotion and came out of his room in only his underpants.

" d- dad?" I managed to get out.

" yes baby I'm here." he smiled at us, it's been so long since we saw him and this is the first video call we had with him since last year.

"Dad are you coming home?" Dan and Aaron asked with hope in their voice.