The Winged Warrior

Start from the beginning

"I'm good, I'll be heading out now though, so see y'all" I started parting the crowd and looking for a way out.

"You'll never get out, we're under the waterfall of hellater. Where all hellater comes from, unless you swim through it all, your stuck here. Only one of our own can free you."

Hmmm, I looked up and surely enough the purple liquid was steaming above me. I wonder how deep it is... I guess I'll have to find out. I closed my eyes and looked up feeling through the particles going until I gasped smugly. Found the top, now how to get there, I've learned from previous experience I'm not hellater proof, but can control it.

I grinned and thrust my hands up and opened my arms making a wide space as a painful tug in my gut split the hellater down the middle. I gasped as sweat dripped down my forehead under the mask, this was too much after the hellater incident, and this wasn't water. Now to get out of here, but as I prepared to do something my feet were swept out from under me as I tensed.

Rule number one: don't turn your back on the opponent, I just broke that rule. Stupid, I berated myself. The pathway in the hellater closed up as a claw from who knows where was thrust under my chin forcing my head back. The big Piran growled viciously, but grinned triumphantly. I rolled my eyes. Knocking away the claw with a forearm, I back flipped onto my feet.

"You have a date with destiny boy. You can not leave." I looked at the alien incredulously.

"I'll take a raincheck"

I ran at the Piran slapping aside anything in my way jumping off the ground and vaulting off the large Piran's head. Like many years before with the son of Gaia and my ex-father in the Labyrinth, he stood up in surprise raising me higher into the air. I parted the hellater again and hoped somehow I'd make it to the top. Suddenly I felt a tugging at the back of the robe. I glanced behind me and opened my mouth in amazement.

Wings, beautiful midnight black wings sprouted from the back of the robe and flapped a couple times bringing me to the surface. My mouth opened to let out a laugh of delight, but nothing came out. I landed lightly on the snow as I remembered why there was nothing. The thought brought down my excitement, but as I stared at the feathered beauties longer I wish I could keep them.

Suddenly my knees gave out as I crumpled I into the cold. A painful uncomfortable feeling erupted from my back, a warmth spreading. When it finally went away I glanced back and my expression formed into one of astonishment. Slowly I removed the robe careful of the new attachment.

Amazed I touched the softness of the feathers... attached to my back. I smiled, time to use these babies. Getting a running start I sprinted towards the nearest cliff...

And jumped...

*** Line Break***

Amy POV

I woke up to a small nudge from my mate. I whined, it's not time to get up yet. The nuzzling became frantic and annoying. I growled and sat up glaring at whoever dared wake me because for his sake it better not be Cody. I was faced with a friends pup, immediately I softened my glare and untensed my body.

"Yes pup? I'm sorry if I scared you." I made my way over and softly caressed the pup comfortably.

"Madre, you need to come quick. The boy Alpha saved yesterday is back and somethings wrong with him!" The pup screamed frantic. Instantly I was on my feet and sprinting out of the cave towards the commotion with the pup right on my heels.