16 | fσr уσυ

I'll do anything for you
Nail my heart to the ceiling
Put my fist through a wall

Chapter 16 ~ For You

Owen Bailey

It had been a long while since I last had sex—with a boy, that is. I wasn't all that opposed to getting down with the same sex, or so I had believed, until I had actually tried to get down with Trey. Memories of Matthew and all the horrible things I had done to him simply because I was too scared to stand up to Lucifer came rushing back in waves, and I just couldn't; instead, I had let my emotions take over me and cried like a damn baby. It was a point of momentary weakness where it came to my attention that I wasn't going to earn Trey's trust through sex; I had to actually try.

Sighing in frustration, I pulled curbside of an apartment complex that seemed to jut out of the landscape and all the surrounding grove trees. These apartments were much nicer than the one I lived in, mostly because Lucifer did his best to provide for all of his minions so that they'd never want to leave. Being here was risky, but it was the only way I could ease the worries seeping into my mind.

Surveying my surroundings carefully while taking brisk, long strides, I finally arrived at the tall gate that separated the outsiders from the residents. I pressed the doorbell to Matthew's apartment twice, then glanced up at the camera perched at the top of the gate. The intercom clicked. "Hello?"

"Matthew, it's me," I said softly into the microphone to avoid drawing any attention to myself.

"Hey, cutie," his voice lifted and I tried not to roll my eyes at one of the various nicknames he had coined for me. There was another click, signaling that he had stepped away from the intercom, and the gate swung open just a few seconds later. Moving quickly, I breezed past the gate and started on my way to his specified building, which wasn't very far from the entrance. I took the stairs two at a time, desperately trying to limit the amount of time I spent out in the open. The last thing I needed was someone spotting me and reporting the news back to Lucifer.

Matthew threw his door open just as I was about to knock, greeting me with a very Matthew-like smile. To any outsider, he looked liked the happiest person in the world. To me, Matthew was broken inside and he was just hiding behind fake smiles and snide comments. "It's so nice to see you, again." He walked back into his apartment, permitting me to follow suit.

I gazed around the living room, which was adorned with decorative furniture. "How are you?" I asked once I returned my attention to him.

He was dressed in nothing but a pair of tight briefs. "I'm okay," he responded with a shrug as he crossed the room to make his way to the kitchen where he retrieved two beers. "Just got back from a job. Some dirty old man fucked me raw."

I swore my eyes popped out of their sockets. "What? Why would you let him do that?"

He shrugged again. "He paid extra."

"Matthew," I scolded. "You can't do that! You can get STDs."

"So?" Another shrug. "Maybe dying is better than this life, anyway." He handed me a beer and fell onto the sofa.

I frowned. "Don't ... say that. It'll get better."

"How?" He questioned as he snapped his dark brown eyes to me. "It's not like you've ever had to experience this. You were never fucked over and over again by gross men. You know, before this whole thing, I actually had a life. I had a girlfriend—she was the love of my life. Then you...you ruined that for me."